• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR BCG function question

Because it was new, I did not swap parts and ran a whole diff bcg to rule out other issues since it was a new build. Thanks for the advice!

Did you run a completely different bolt carrier group, bolt and all? If so, the issue could be any number of things and figuring it out is a process of elimination. The bolt could be out of spec, carrier key could be loose or have a bad seal, carrier bore could be out of spec, just to name a few. If the malfunctioning BCG is new, don't waste your time trying to narrow it down. Return it, get a refund and buy a quality milspec BCG from BCM or DD. And ditch the stupid NiB coating. I've seen too many of them lose their finish or cause other issues due to the thickness of the coating, specifically on the bolt lugs.
I second the ditching of the NiBx coating. I bought one to try, and cleaning is NO easier. Only the outside if the carrier wipes off easily. The bolt & bore still require the same amount of attention as a phosphate coated BCG. Plus they discolor and look bad after so many rounds. Just doesn't seem to be any more than a gimmick at this point. Still curious about the NP3 coating to see if it's any better. Just a lot of cash for a what if....

I second the ditching of the NiBx coating. I bought one to try, and cleaning is NO easier. Only the outside if the carrier wipes off easily. The bolt & bore still require the same amount of attention as a phosphate coated BCG. Plus they discolor and look bad after so many rounds. Just doesn't seem to be any more than a gimmick at this point. Still curious about the NP3 coating to see if it's any better. Just a lot of cash for a what if....
Yep

Back
Top Bottom