• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR in 7.62x39 - any feedback?

It's bad ass. I love the set up. I figured it was sbr'd with that folding stock, but wasn't sure. I knew collapsible stocks had to be sbr'd. Either way it is sweet. I like 10" in a SBR. I suppose it takes standard AK mags?

I would much rather prefer a rifle caliber in a SBR over a pistol round.

Yep, standard AK mags.

Reactions: MRH
Why not try the CMMG Mutant? Mine took a little breaking in the first several mags, but now it runs like a clock and is very accurate. After my initial zeroing I was stacking rounds through one small hole at 25 yards.

If you have doubts as to its reliability, check out IV8888 melt down test of one.

No problems with mine so far, Bear Creek Arms (not the most expensive out there), handle sight, no glass. I use the ATC, or something like that, mags and keep a spare bolt face in the gig bag. I did add an "enhanced" firing pin, the tip is just a hair longer, and that took care of any light strikes on cheap ammo.

It's a >$500 gun. I'm going to use/abuse it till its a worn out piece of junk. So far I'd say about 2,000 rounds have been through it an no problems, still on the original bolt face.

Back
Top Bottom