• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR pistol help

The thing that gets me is in almost all cases the gun was sold as having been shot with x number of rounds through it with no issues...

I've seen a number of homebuilds being sold as unfired. The few times I've seen it, I'm positive there's something wrong with it.

I've got two homebuilds that are my babies. The Colts hardly ever get taken out anymore. I can't imagine going to the trouble to even just build a cheap lower and sell it before it sees a full mag.

I've seen a number of homebuilds being sold as unfired. The few times I've seen it, I'm positive there's something wrong with it.

I've got two homebuilds that are my babies. The Colts hardly ever get taken out anymore. I can't imagine going to the trouble to even just build a cheap lower and sell it before it sees a full mag.

I have a home build that I had to hammer the **** out of the roll pin that holds in the gas tube. Yeah it was my home build. First one. Shoots awesome, but that roll pin aint never coming out.

Bet they sleep just fine too. I know i couldn't

The very short distance between the gas block and end of barrel means the gas pressure isn't up against the bcg for much time at all. It is possible for the bcg to go back just far enough to chamber a round, but not far enough to reset the trigger. Unless OP is hearing a loud click when he pulls the trigger on the second round, maybe there ain't nuff gas. This I learned the hard way just a few weeks ago.

BTW if that is a 10.5" barrel then I think OP has a longer-than-pistol-length gas system.

The very short distance between the gas block and end of barrel means the gas pressure isn't up against the bcg for much time at all. It is possible for the bcg to go back just far enough to chamber a round, but not far enough to reset the trigger. Unless OP is hearing a loud click when he pulls the trigger on the second round, maybe there ain't nuff gas. This I learned the hard way just a few weeks ago.

BTW if that is a 10.5" barrel then I think OP has a longer-than-pistol-length gas system.
No. The gun cycles, chambers a new round and locks open on empty. This is not a gas drive problem.

This is most likely a Bubba trigger job gone wrong. Replace the FCG and re-test. If that doesn't solve the issue, then further diagnosis will be needed to determine if there's a more obscure issue at work.

... And whomever sold this gun is a lying dirt bag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom