• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Prices

I remember my dad saying people paying 1000 dollars for M16s were crazy and he wasn't buying any more until prices came back down. Oops.

I recall saying something similar about 500 dollar WASR's. Been a long time now since I've owned one. We may have to face the fact that they may never return to their previous values, regardless of legislation. Not saying they'll remain ridiculous but, may stay higher.

It's obvious that the masses will pay much more. We may have screwed ourselves with this craze.

I've found from experience the nutty people not knowing any better that will pay $2k for a AR-15 will pay $5k (big smile) just to say they have one, so don't be bashful when selling.

Last edited:
I'd never go back to that shop again.

Looking like I should post my polymer bushmaster lower for 250.

I don't blame the shops for raising their prices - it's simple supply and demand. They have a product that's in great demand currently and are pricing it accordingly. I don't have an AR for sale, but I don't have a problem with people asking high prices for their rifles. If you didn't want to pay $1100 for an Oly, shoulda bought last week!

That being said I'm not paying those prices! Evidently plenty are, so more power to them. After all, we're not communists.

In the weeks and months leading up to this frenzy, I guess everyone was just bull sh*ttin' that they didn't have no money! They sure as hell come out the wood work now. And outta pocket!
Lets just make sure we stand up and be counted to fight any bs legislation against our rights.

In the weeks and months leading up to this frenzy, I guess everyone was just bull sh*ttin' that they didn't have no money! They sure as hell come out the wood work now. And outta pocket!
Lets just make sure we stand up and be counted to fight any bs legislation against our rights.

Two words....Credit Card. It is never pretty either.

Crazy thing is 2 weeks ago everyone had no money and wanted to low ball and now they have the money to pay 2,3,4 times the money. Only sad part is with all the stock being bought up at crazy stupid prices the gun stores will be hurting or possibly have to close because of no suplly.

Crazy thing is 2 weeks ago everyone had no money and wanted to low ball and now they have the money to pay 2,3,4 times the money. Only sad part is with all the stock being bought up at crazy stupid prices the gun stores will be hurting or possibly have to close because of no suplly.

Yet another reason dealers should maximize what they can get now. If you're staring at an empty distribution channel for the next couple of months and know future sales will be hard to come by due to a lack of product, you still gotta pay the overhead somehow.

Back
Top Bottom