AR vise blocks.........

What's crazy is that I cranked that vice down about as tight as I could and that pmag didn't even crack. I wrapped rubber bands around the bottom of the pmag so that the vice jaws have something grippy to hold.

What's crazy is that I cranked that vice down about as tight as I could and that pmag didn't even crack. I wrapped rubber bands around the bottom of the pmag so that the vice jaws have something grippy to hold.
Did you use it to change out the muzzle brake? That's what I'm hoping to do when I get a chance.

If you are aligning/timing a brake with side or top ports then you may well be applying more torque. A vice block is cheap insurance to keep from damaging your rifles for a myriad of things and hardly costs more than a pmag! The delrin models you can pick up on eBay work great!
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272100940822

Last edited:
Is one needed just to change the flashhider?

Technically you should have a barrel vise for the flash hider. If you just use an upper receiver vice you can mess up your barrel extension or cracked your upper. Don't ask me how I know. It sucked. Thankfully I only lost the stripper upper though. Honestly you can make an upper vice out of two blocks of 2x4. I cut two notches for the little extrusions where the pins in the lower go thru upper, and then sand out a spot for the picitanny rail to fit in.

Lower vice, I've got a real one, then I've also got some crappy 42 round promag that works well too.

Barrel vice. Again I got one online for 15 bucks I think? But also have one made of 2x4 that has little notches cut in it for the barrel to fit in.

Did you use it to change out the muzzle brake? That's what I'm hoping to do when I get a chance.

I would just be careful honestly. If it seems like you'll need lots of torque, stop and make a barrel vice.

I cannot describe how angry and stupid I felt when I cracked my upper. Especially since I just had a little itty-bitty ways to turn the flash hider. I'll post a link to the cheap ones I got.

Last edited:
Couldn't post link, phones acting up. First picture is what I have. Second picture is actually for golf clubs, but it's rubber and may actually work better since it's rubber. Seems like it will grip more.
Screenshot_2016-01-20-07-32-45.png
Screenshot_2016-01-20-07-32-20.png

I would just be careful honestly. If it seems like you'll need lots of torque, stop and make a barrel vice.

I cannot describe how angry and stupid I felt when I cracked my upper. Especially since I just had a little itty-bitty ways to turn the flash hider. I'll post a link to the cheap ones I got.
all i want to do is take the factory one off my 10.5" and put on a KAK can. was hoping i could do this without removing the rail or anything else for that matter.

thanks for the advise

Back
Top Bottom