AR vise blocks.........

all i want to do is take the factory one off my 10.5" and put on a KAK can. was hoping i could do this without removing the rail or anything else for that matter.

thanks for the advise

I hear ya, no problem. I just don't want anyone to do what I did lol. It's definitely possible. I've done it before, just be careful lol. I was so mad at myself when I did that. Good luck man!

I hear ya, no problem. I just don't want anyone to do what I did lol. It's definitely possible. I've done it before, just be careful lol. I was so mad at myself when I did that. Good luck man!
thanks. and yea i could see how youd beat yourself up over it.lol.
id cry for sure:dispirited:

If you have a rail and not enough barrel showing for a barrel clamp - you need a reaction rod. I am east of you and around this weekend if you want to come buy and use mine.
If you have 6" of barrel showing and a vise - you can get the rubber orange jaws from Lowe's and clamp on the fsb (if you have one) or the barrel and try that method for ~$10.

Haven't tried it but I had considered cutting up a piece of wood to insert into beat up Pmag to give it a bit more backbone. Although the blocks are not that expensive, but if in a pinch it would work I think!

I also have the correct AAC tool for their flash hiders. Very important to note they are put on with RockSet. You have to soak them in water to soften the RockSet - never use heat.

I also have the correct AAC tool for their flash hiders. Very important to note they are put on with RockSet. You have to soak them in water to soften the RockSet - never use heat.

May I ask why no heat? Anything I have loctited I use heat, is rock sett different?

May I ask why no heat? Anything I have loctited I use heat, is rock sett different?

Yes rockset is different it is not effected by heat. Everytime I have had to take off a AAC factory flash hider it is like they coated the entire threads in that stuff. Using a reaction rod, a AAC tool, and a 24 inch breaker bar, and soaking the barrel end in water for 2 days, the last one took me having to damn near jump on the end of the breaker bar to get it off. I have never had any problems with any other manufacture than AAC. On the other side of that coin though you could say they are built to STAY ON!

Yes rockset is different it is not effected by heat. Everytime I have had to take off a AAC factory flash hider it is like they coated the entire threads in that stuff. Using a reaction rod, a AAC tool, and a 24 inch breaker bar, and soaking the barrel end in water for 2 days, the last one took me having to damn near jump on the end of the breaker bar to get it off. I have never had any problems with any other manufacture than AAC. On the other side of that coin though you could say they are built to STAY ON!
I've never had any luck soaking rocksett in water. A Mapp torch and a breaker bar seems to do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom