• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR10

These go on sale relatively often, and are setup pretty nice already:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...s15-upper-1-10-w-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

$649. I bought the keymod version last Dec. If you add an out of stock item from the website to the comparison option it usually shows the price. They are very nice, but you will read about a bunch of failure to chamber/ eject comlaints. Most (and mine) were very stiff extractors and ejector pins in the bolt. Once I took mine apart , lubed the heck out of it, and finally got the ejector pin to push in/out with a punch its been great.

Ya I was wondering the same thing. I'm very new to Ar's though and Im curious what you meant.
I am not knocking stainless, but don't really see any advantage to it other than looking shiny. This is why I don't see the SS version any different than the other model...

Here is nice reference from a very reputable barrel manufacturer.

Barrel.JPG

https://kriegerbarrels.com/faq#cmss

$649. I bought the keymod version last Dec. If you add an out of stock item from the website to the comparison option it usually shows the price. They are very nice, but you will read about a bunch of failure to chamber/ eject comlaints. Most (and mine) were very stiff extractors and ejector pins in the bolt. Once I took mine apart , lubed the heck out of it, and finally got the ejector pin to push in/out with a punch its been great.
You can always swap out the BCG for an LMT, but that setup would add nearly $400 to your build, not really budget friendly, but they get pretty great reviews. Several "enhancements" over a traditional bolt/carrier.

http://www.strongsidetactical.com/lmt-enhanced-308-semi-auto-bolt-carrier-group/

Are the chamber out of spec, or does the ejector hang up and keep from going into battery?

Also, did you notice rough machining and/or coatings causing the movement problems with the extractor system?

Are the chamber out of spec, or does the ejector hang up and keep from going into battery?

Also, did you notice rough machining and/or coatings causing the movement problems with the extractor system?

To make a long story short. I sent the upper back to psa without the bcg. They sent it back a week later without any info at all as to what they did. Had the same problem with psa nib bcg. Read about others with exact same problem, and it was the bolt. I had to call psa to see what they did. They said they swapped the barrel. Everything looks fine. I think it's just the extra stiff extractor springs and tight ejector pin. Seems to be the same story with phosphate or nib. I wouldnt let it stop me from buying one for anyone who's interested. I love it now that I've worked out the kinks.

Back
Top Bottom