AR15 triggers

Don’t show your a$$. A difference in opinion does not invalidate everything a person has said or knows.

Structurally, and reliability-wise, the ALG ACT beats the LaRue MBT at pretty much every point. Plus, a big F to Mark LaRue.

The ALG ACT is made by Schmid Tool, a US military defense contractor that supplies FCG’s to companies such as Colt , Centurion Arms, SOLGW, FN, and many more.

Many folks talk smack about the ACT because it isn’t as light as other triggers. Basically, it’s a milspec trigger, with the sear surfaces polished smooth, and parts plated for smoothness and corrosion resistance. The trigger is plated in NiB, while the hammer and disconnect are plated in nickel-teflon.

Sear geometry has not been changed from the standard profile so that the reliability which the USGI trigger is known for is unchanged.

Trigger and hammer are made from 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.

Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness.

Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.

A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.

Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the lower receiver.

Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of 9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.0lbs.

The ACT meets the U.S. Military trigger specifications for the M4 Carbine (the LaRue MBT does not), so it can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental requirements.
Not showing my ass by saying while we have a difference in opinion of LaRue vs g lumping LaRue into or below ACT is absurd. Peddle that all you want. I'll chalk it up to "opinion".

Mark is an ass but he doesn't lack conviction.

Not showing my ass by saying while we have a difference in opinion of LaRue vs g lumping LaRue into or below ACT is absurd. Peddle that all you want. I'll chalk it up to "opinion".

Mark is an ass but he doesn't lack conviction.

One could say that someone showed their ass if they suddenly changed their overall positive opinion to an overall negative due to a single comment they didn’t agree with.

I’m not peddling anything. I’m an Armorer that teaches other folks to be Armorers; I’m sharing a professionally held opinion, backed up by facts and research.

Don’t show your a$$. A difference in opinion does not invalidate everything a person has said or knows.

Structurally, and reliability-wise, the ALG ACT beats the LaRue MBT at pretty much every point. Plus, a big F to Mark LaRue.

The ALG ACT is made by Schmid Tool, a US military defense contractor that supplies FCG’s to companies such as Colt , Centurion Arms, SOLGW, FN, and many more.

Many folks talk smack about the ACT because it isn’t as light as other triggers. Basically, it’s a milspec trigger, with the sear surfaces polished smooth, and parts plated for smoothness and corrosion resistance. The trigger is plated in NiB, while the hammer and disconnect are plated in nickel-teflon.

Sear geometry has not been changed from the standard profile so that the reliability which the USGI trigger is known for is unchanged.

Trigger and hammer are made from 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.

Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness.

Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.

A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.

Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the lower receiver.

Pull weight is above the U.S. Military minimum pull weight of 5.5lbs but does not reach near the upper limit of 9.5lbs. Generally, the pull weight is about 6.0lbs.

The ACT meets the U.S. Military trigger specifications for the M4 Carbine (the LaRue MBT does not), so it can be substituted for lower performing stock triggers while still staying in compliance with Unit or Departmental requirements.
Sir, can you please pic up your mic.

For Buddhs’s sake, it’s a ferking trigger. Probably 90% of us would be fine with mil-spec.
Next y’all will be critiquing wines.
never mind.gif

All of us SHOULD be fine with a mil-spec trigger. I'm not the greatest shooter by any means but I can use what I train with very effectively. Picking up someone else's AR with a different trigger is no big deal and NO ONE who trains enough should have any issues with doing that. Probably take more time to figure out the optic setup, use, and zero than pulling the damn trigger. Damn this thread has taken a turn to stupid.

FWIW - the SOLGW fighting mil-spec trigger (single stage) is another very good trigger and retails for less than $70. And yes I've used it.

The trigger is the interface between the shooter and the weapon. It’s the point where the shooter gives their input.

If you’re serious about your ability to shoot your AR well, and you can’t exploit an upgraded FCG, you either need to train more, or train properly.

Of course, on the majority of AR’s that I see, the trigger ain’t the first thing I’d upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom