• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are j-frames really useless?

I had a beef with this one instructor who was former LE. I'll admit this individual was a giant douchebag and disrespectful saying .38 j-frames are useless. I don't know about y'all but my shooting at 7 yards isn't the best, but I can confidently shoot my 642 and take out a bad guy. I like my Glocks , m&p, and 1911, but j-frames are serviceable and accurate as long as you practice.
law enforcement is not the final word on how you can protect yourself and with what. My J Frame will do just fine for keeping someone off me at close range. It's not a target pistol. Tell the douch bag to attack you with a giant douchbag and use your J frame to defend yourself. When he gets out of the hospital (lord willing) let him give you his second opinion.

I have plenty of options. It just depends where I am at the moment you enter as to what I will pick up. I like revolvers and they are fine for what I would need it for. I have confidence in my abilities and my equipment. I have been known to carry a .22 revolver if the mood strikes.
Shorts and a t- shirt… 351c in the pocket. I don’t feel under gunned.

Many opinions are useless. However, any loaded and serviceable firearm is not, and yes, J-frames included. What a dumb ass thing to say.
Read:
A local Eskimo hunter in Wales AK took a ten foot Polar Bear with a 22LR rimfire with one shot behind the ear at 20 feet. Killed it instantly. There is no doubt as to the credibility of this story.

Many opinions are useless. However, any loaded and serviceable firearm is not, and yes, J-frames included. What a dumb ass thing to say.
Read:
A local Eskimo hunter in Wales AK took a ten foot Polar Bear with a 22LR rimfire with one shot behind the ear at 20 feet. Killed it instantly. There is no doubt as to the credibility of this story.
Don’t you know his pants were stuck to him shortly after haha

Read:
Sounds a bit like this story

law enforcement is not the final word on how you can protect yourself and with what. My J Frame will do just fine for keeping someone off me at close range. It's not a target pistol. Tell the douch bag to attack you with a giant douchbag and use your J frame to defend yourself. When he gets out of the hospital (lord willing) let him give you his second opinion.
Not a target pistol? I tend to agree, however back in the day, when I was going through a California police reserve academy, the #2 shooter in the class was using a J-frame. The #1 shooter only beat him by a point.

mines great 4 a walk in the neiborhood but in public its always a 9

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom