• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are people actually buying used ARs on ODT?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
This may be a pasture topic, but I hope not because I am truly curious.

I see ars listed that are used and are priced significantly higher than new. I know this is a running joke with glocks, but I can't believe some of the prices I'm seeing when new deals are everywhere.

Are people negotiating down to reasonable prices or do these guns just sit? I know people stocked up with the election panic and I assume they are trying to off load to recoup what they spent at the time when prices were high.

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

A local shop has been putting various used ones on the counter for $500 out the door. Most of the time these are unfired. I said you just sold Rugers for $535 out , what would one of those be out used--$450 to $500. There has been several makes for $399 on the counter.

AR's will be the next riffle you see in barrels at the door of the LGS for $99. They will get used and junked until they're almost non existent then be worth something again. IMO
Mean while people (like me) will have to deal with the fact that they spent around $1000 bucks for a $300 to $500 riffle.

There have been countless riffle package deals here with $400 riffle and $200 of ammo and mags for sail for well over $1000

I have to agree, most clowns on here don't have a clue what they are talking about, Tennifer finish Glocks, LOL, overpriced, trying to sell a blue label Glock for $550.00 when most sell for $400.00 and some change, and only 2 mags when everybody knows they come with 3 mags(all gen4 come with 3 mags) as for AR's I bet 90 % of these clowns do not know how to properly clean one or know how to shoot one with iron sights, LMAO

I have to agree, most clowns on here don't have a clue what they are talking about, Tennifer finish Glocks, LOL, overpriced, trying to sell a blue label Glock for $550.00 when most sell for $400.00 and some change, and only 2 mags when everybody knows they come with 3 mags(all gen4 come with 3 mags) as for AR's I bet 90 % of these clowns do not know how to properly clean one or know how to shoot one with iron sights, LMAO
I beg to differ.

Most of them know all these things, they just purposely are trying to sell it for more money or get more out of a trade. That's just human nature. Have you seen anything selling on craigslist lately? It's the same thing. Used cars listed thousands above used car value, cell phones as much as new, etc...

I generally think people are s*** now.

I built my AR years ago, when prices were not really high, but not really low either. I have well over $1500 into mine, but every pin and spring is the pin and spring I wanted for it. I wonder, with the market dropping like it is, if building one is also cheap? I am not saying I am better than any business that builds and sells these for a living, but I prefer to build my own as opposed to buying one then having to change a bunch of stuff with it. If you want an AR that is bare bones and could care less about triggers and all that stuff, then get one now. They are very low priced.

Also I wonder how many "invested" during the panic and now have an unrealistic outlook on their ar' s value. Obviously buying with intent to resell at a profit is not taken too kindly to by the Fed, but I think it happened. Not that I agree with this infringement.

Back
Top Bottom