Are you that guys?

I've never been a smoker but it doesn't bother me that much when people smoke. I got used to it back in high school at parties, riding in cars with smokers, etc. I am a musician and have been playing in smoky bars for close to 20 years. I'm used to it I guess.

My grandmother spent the last 5 years of her life sitting in her recliner with oxygen running up her nose. She smoked for many years. I also watched a friend's father deteriorate for about 5 years with oxygen up his nose until the day he died. He was only 60. It's a bad habit that will take years off of your life, but I dip so I can't say anything. It's hard to quit.

The self righteous pricks are annoying. They bother me way more than smokers.

I'm allergic to smoke; it makes my lungs black. And sugar makes my belly fat. Having said that, both sides need to be considerate.

I have a hard time understanding why people still smoke, I have lost my Wife and both parents to its effects and did myself for 10 years as a LEO riding in a car 8 hours per shift. But the facts are in our faces daily if you want to die a slow painful death that is your choice and personally as most ex smokers, I hate the smell now but do go out of my way to stay away from those that still choose to smoke and know a few that still do just to get 8 tom 10 smoke breaks a day at work, another issue I have but that's another story.

Second hand smoke is just plain nasty.

As a former smoker actually smoking a cigarette was pleasurable to an extent but I never could stand the second hand smoke that burns off of the end of a cigarette, even my own, or the nasty lingering taste in my mouth but I still did it knowing it was nasty.
It makes your clothes stink and I think that's the biggest reason why non smokers get pissed off from people smoking around them is because it clings to their clothes when they walk by and it stays with them for a while then they smell like someone's ash tray.
It's frustrating to them especially after taking a shower, brushing their teeth, putting on makeup, if female, lotion, perfume, whatever only to look amd smell good then it gets totally ruined by someones cigarette smoke then they have to walk around smelling like they walked out of the beer garden.
It's a real turn off and I can relate.
To me, someone else's cigarette smoke, if deliberate is just as bad as spitting on the sidewalk in front of someone's feet.
It's one of the reasons I decided it's just a nasty habit, filthy, stinky and as we all know, deadly.
Just the other day I was at the library parking lot with my dog while my wife was inside.
We had the windows rolled down to enjoy the sun and fresh air.
Then this young fat girl parks next to us, flings her car door open and proceeds to smoke two cigarettes in a row while the nasty second hand smoke and smoke from her lungs is billowing into my car.
I felt like punching the inconsiderate fat beeatch in the face for being so damn rude but I just said, "Hey, thanks for the cigarette "and rolled my damn window up.
Even when I smoked I realized how it bothered other people, especially my Wife as she was worried about my health and our future together so I just quit cold turkey and realized it was just as hurtful to her as it would be to me some day.

Yeah it would be cool if things were still like the Rockford files where everyone smoked, everywhere, even on airplanes....yes it was better times in many ways but society became much more aware of the devastating effects of cancer and despite that we still roll the dice as we light up.
I feel for the smokers as I can relate to enjoying one after a meal or to calm the nerves but on the flip side it is very repulsive to others who don't want to smell like YOUR smoke.

Last edited:
Smokers are just the latest group it's OK to discriminate against. Every generation needs one. The bias against smoking is out of control, especially against second hand smoke. You won't hear about the study done by the WHO to investigate the harmful effects of second hand smoke. They discovered that the only real negative effect was to cause some eye and sinus irritation...and nothing else....at all. They were so shocked by the findings they assumed the study was flawed in some way, so they did a second one that was much more extensive. Same results.

Don't forget about vaping. The media has done such a good job of villainizing smokers that people lose their mind when smokers, trying to quit, use a vaporizer. Second hand water vapor!:lol:

smokers-lungs_1.jpg

Wow! You really must have changed smokers' minds! I bet they had no idea it was bad for them. God bless you sir; you saved many lives today.

If you are allergic to cats, don't go to homes with cats and if you are allergic to smoke, don't hang around smokers.
Dave?........ You OK? :confused:
Here you go.

snickers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom