• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Army core of engineers property and carry?

In Florida and I suspect all over the country, ever time I drive over a bridge on the Intracoastal, I am on Corps controlled property. And I am usually carrying something. I would expect there is an exemption for " right of way" roadways? I would guess that all "navigatable" waterways with bridges have a similar designation? So carrying concealed ( or at all?) Would be illegal, even if activities like fishing allow it.

That's not true. The waterway itself mostly belongs to the state. The bridge will belong to whoever the highway belongs to. The bridge on the Torres Causeway at St. Simons for sure belongs to the state, because it was built with tolls collected from the motorists.

How did you draft your letter for this permission?
You send them a brief request to carry, plus a pic of both sides of your carry license. I also Sent a pic of my military ID, private detective license, drivers license. I figured the more I sent, the more likely they figured I had sense enough to carry a weapon.

You send them a brief request to carry, plus a pic of both sides of your carry license. I also Sent a pic of my military ID, private detective license, drivers license. I figured the more I sent, the more likely they figured I had sense enough to carry a weapon.
Did you just plainly say "I request permission to carry concealed on XXX Corps property." Or something more specific?

Has anyone personally known of this “no carry zone” on corp property enforced? Who enforces that? I’ve spent a lot of time on Corp property and never seen anyone patrolling except the GA DNR. It seems surely someone has been caught with a gun on lake Lanier or Allatoona and I’ve never heard anyone busted for carrying a gun. It must have happened though right? Anyone have first hand knowledge of being caught with a gun on Corp property?

I’ll take my chances.
How many criminals intent on harming others abide by those stupid laws?
Always packing when outside the home.....high time the people took their freedoms back from the sheep herders.
I carried on Corps land illegally many years. I no longer worry about it. Trump got this going. Nobody else. I appreciate it. If you carry without the permit and are caught you will go to federal court. You will lose your Ga carry permit. Probate judges revoke permits for the least of offenses. I have a friend who lost his permit for not getting his cat vaccinated in New Mexico just before he moved back to ga.

Has anyone personally known of this “no carry zone” on corp property enforced? Who enforces that? I’ve spent a lot of time on Corp property and never seen anyone patrolling except the GA DNR. It seems surely someone has been caught with a gun on lake Lanier or Allatoona and I’ve never heard anyone busted for carrying a gun. It must have happened though right? Anyone have first hand knowledge of being caught with a gun on Corp property?

If by "firsthand" have I been directly involved, no. I do know people who have been gigged for carrying long guns on Clarks Hill and Russell. As far as I know they all had to go back to their vehicle and leave it there.

Those border lakes are extra tricky because SC has different rules about having a gun in a boat, the SC DNR strictly enforces their rules, and you have to know where the state line is in the middle of a 79,000 acre lake. If you are going from Point A in GA to Point B in Georgia, but cross the state line, you are subject to SC while in SC.

Back
Top Bottom