• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Army Ready to Award Contract for Replacement of the M4

I’m going to want to see some chrono rounds before I believe that number. The army would say that crap all the time. I remember getting issued ACUs for the first time and how it was going to make you invisible on the battle field. Lol
I can almost get 3000 fps. with my regular 6.8 spc with 85-95 gr. TTSX Barns loads. So depending on what grain they use hell yes I believe every bit of it. They will have room to up the projectile weight with all the extra ass behind it. NO PROBLEMO?

What I want to see is how much a regular infantry rifle will weigh. I mean the 308 does deem a AR10 chassis necessary. I wonder if it will be a beefed up ( add some mass ) to the AR15 platform with a bigger wag well or change the platform altogether. I damn sure hope it is not a bull pup design. If that's the plan my new 6.8x51 will be a bolt gun and that's all there is to it. I hate bull pups and the state can buy all of those for 15 bucks all they want all day, every day as far as that goes.

Textron submitted a bullpup style. Sig submitted the photo I posted in this thread.
I didn't even see the link. I like the Sig guns. Nice looking weapons. Sig can churn out a decent product when they really try. 12 lb. is bit on the heavy side don't you think so? I wasn't bashing you at all so don't take offense to my last post that was just in general it wasn't pointed at anyone.

They use 54R we use .51 (308).........

Didn't we see this movie before? 30-06 to .308......then to .556? Cause of the weight issues of the M14 and ammo of .308....

then growing pains of a new platform now its pretty solid and we want to change it?

I say they just pick something that they can re-barrel existing stuff and test it.(be nice to see a good intermediate cartridge) Something that keeps it below the AR10 weight.

All these articles are click bait until something actually happens.

But pretty sure if we go urban or jungle in the next "war" the soldiers won't want a 10-11 pound gun again.....yea if your in the desert shooting 1000m+ a lot, they want something that can reach....

Back
Top Bottom