• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Assistance with Burglary of 100 plus guns

I hope the victim was insured.
Yes sir! That's the first thought thing that popped into my head. Most homeowners policies only cover 2,500 in guns. He would have needed a Personal Articles Policy or could be called something else. Like a jewelry policy for guns. If not there goes a lifetime of collecting. Some of those old school men don't believe in insurance. They never know how much it's worth for what little money it cost per month until they need it. I hope that's not the case.

Good luck with your case. It seems like one of them would pop up somewhere in a pawn shop or something.

Yes sir! That's the first thought thing that popped into my head. Most homeowners policies only cover 2,500 in guns. He would have needed a Personal Articles Policy or could be called something else. Like a jewelry policy for guns. If not there goes a lifetime of collecting. Some of those old school men don't believe in insurance. They never know how much it's worth for what little money it cost per month until they need it. I hope that's not the case.

Good luck with your case. It seems like one of them would pop up somewhere in a pawn shop or something.
You can buy a $135,000 "collection policy" for about $600/year or $50/month.

Just so I understand, a former MC Outlaw had some wanna be thugs walk outta their house with a 100 guns in a safe? Then dumped it in the ocean after they felt some pressure of being caught?

Collectinsure.com is a good source for gun insurances
Sometimes it cheaper through your homeowners. You just give the serial number and how much you want to insure it for. It's completely stated value. Gun insurance places are going to pick it apart on value because they are in the business. We know how we get screwed on value of a totaled car when the market is through the roof. You get straight up boned. You get paid for what you said it's worth because you are paying the rate for that stated value. Then you can recoup all of your investment. Collectors insurance may be the same but I am not familiar with it. I just know I pay beans for a ton of coverage. 14 bucks a month with a multi policy discount. Very reasonable! I just don't get why more gun owners do either one really. Especially with a collection like that. That would rip out my heart!!!

Sometimes it cheaper through your homeowners. You just give the serial number and how much you want to insure it for. It's completely stated value. Gun insurance places are going to pick it apart on value because they are in the business. We know how we get screwed on value of a totaled car when the market is through the roof. You get straight up boned. You get paid for what you said it's worth because you are paying the rate for that stated value. Then you can recoup all of your investment. Collectors insurance may be the same but I am not familiar with it. I just know I pay beans for a ton of coverage. 14 bucks a month with a multi policy discount. Very reasonable! I just don't get why more gun owners do either one really. Especially with a collection like that. That would rip out my heart!!!
Never. You will never be able to buy riders for firearms (dollar for dollar) on your homeowners cheaper than you can a collector's policy, plus the collector's policy covers your guns while traveling, while showing at a gun show, etc.

Collectinsure requires no receipts, no inventories, no serial number list and no photographs.

I always keep a record of my ser numbers on all my guns. I don't keep pic's of all of them but that is for another reason
I explained my builds as custom and tell them the brand of all the major parts. Then I take detailed pics so I can add up each part and show them on paper the value.

Never. You will never be able to buy riders for firearms (dollar for dollar) on your homeowners cheaper than you can a collector's policy, plus the collector's policy covers your guns while traveling, while showing at a gun show, etc.

Collectinsure requires no receipts, no inventories, no serial number list and no photographs.
I might have to look into that. Sounds good to me. My best friends wife owns a State Farm agency and he quoted that if they hook a chain on to the safe and drag it through the wall it's covered. However the serial number is a great thing. You don't have to be home. No matter what they are covered. Mine is a state farm policy. It may vary from carrier to carrier.

Question. So is it just a stated value or gun book value reimbursement? I mean even if the receivers only cost 300 bucks for both the build still can add up to 1,800-2,000 bucks when you set down and add every little upgrade over plain mil-spec part. So even though it's a " frankengun " as they say it doesn't make it cheap.

Back
Top Bottom