• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At what point can I use deadly force?

All this information is hit and miss. (Reading Ayoobs bookis a big hit!)

When it all comes down to it, YOU are the final say on pulling the trigger, or using lethal force. Until you have been in that moment of gravest extreme, it really is literature and learning. The moment you have a grip on an instrument of lethal ability, and the resolve to use because of someone's ability to inflict severe bodily harm or death, opportunity to do said damage, and you are in jeopardy of said damage... That's when you will answer your own question. "At what point can I use lethal force?" No one here can make that determination for you, nor can they stand in your place after the decision is made.

All this information is hit and miss. (Reading Ayoobs bookis a big hit!)

When it all comes down to it, YOU are the final say on pulling the trigger, or using lethal force. Until you have been in that moment of gravest extreme, it really is literature and learning. The moment you have a grip on an instrument of lethal ability, and the resolve to use because of someone's ability to inflict severe bodily harm or death, opportunity to do said damage, and you are in jeopardy of said damage... That's when you will answer your own question. "At what point can I use lethal force?" No one here can make that determination for you, nor can they stand in your place after the decision is made.

I don't think his question was about his actual ability to pull the trigger. It is about the legal ramification when you do, so it can very much be answered clearly and has nothing to do with his judgment at the time. It's not a question about him. It's a question about the law.

BTW, the authorities will absolutely stand in his place after the decision is made and that is how they will determine if he is going to spend the next several years in prison.

Last edited:
I don't think his question was about his actual ability to pull the trigger. It is about the legal ramification when you do, so it can very much be answered clearly and has nothing to do with his judgment at the time. It's not a question about him. It's a question about the law.

Thats why I included "ability, opportunity, and jeopardy". Presenting lethal force by simply drawing a firearm carries almost as much liability as using said firearm.

Its all about judgement. Beginning with the decision to even carry a firearm.

(BTW I love the sig line!)

Thats why I included "ability, opportunity, and jeopardy". Presenting lethal force by simply drawing a firearm carries almost as much liability as using said firearm.

Its all about judgement. Beginning with the decision to even carry a firearm.

(BTW I love the sig line!)

Got it. I misunderstood the tone of your post.

Back
Top Bottom