• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air rifle with can

DonnyFL ran into issues a year or so ago and stopped shipping domestic. I’m guessing that got ironed out.

But all of my guns shipped with the moderator separately… because I picked it separately. Never did UTAH AIRGUNS mention anything or offer any permanent attachment services.

Google will support every opinion stated in this thread if you look hard enough. I’m siding with the folks making their living in that world for advice. I feel my removable moderators are good to go.

A lot of people refer to this. Was a felon found with a moderator but they tried to pin it on him because he had knowledge of guns and adapters. He was acquitted because ******** what a weak attempt at drumming up additional bull**** charges to what he was already facing.

Key word…firearm. Theses are air guns with moderators. Mine is permanently attached…. I think…
When you look at most city and counties that have the no weapons discharge kind of ordinances they include pellet, and BB guns. Hell many include tennis ball type of discharge.
Yeah, stupid I know.

Rumrunner 55 already gave us the ATF's answer as to DETACHABLE silencers / suppressors / sound moderators.

Now, if you actually build the gun and the suppressor at the same time and this was done at the factory and the suppressor was not completed until after the body of it was permanently fixed onto the barrel of the airgun, that would probably be OK under federal law.

But if you build a silencer separately or buy it separately from the gun it is illegal and your later act of joining it permanently to an air rifle will not erase the crime that you already committed by possessing a functional silencer alone.

Oh, But you say you can buy these things online -- therefore they have to be legal?

I'll tell you that you can buy all sorts of illegal products online. You can buy "do it yourself silencer kits" that come 99% complete -- just drill your own holes through the baffles and you're good to go.

Until recently you could buy Glock full auto sears or switches online.

You can still buy all sorts of felony level controlled substances online.

When you look at most city and counties that have the no weapons discharge kind of ordinances they include pellet, and BB guns. Hell many include tennis ball type of discharge.
Yeah, stupid I know.
Yea, didn’t realize that air guns/ BB guns fell under that rule until talking with a local officer that lives close in our subdivision one day. He also made the comment that he or any in the dept would more than likely look the other way when they were used in tree vermin annihilating or even shooting paper as long as safety was adhered too.

Yea, didn’t realize that air guns/ BB guns fell under that rule until talking with a local officer that lives close in our subdivision one day. He also made the comment that he or any in the dept would more than likely look the other way when they were used in tree vermin annihilating or even shooting paper as long as safety was adhered too.
Yup, unless you have a squirrel loving Karen, in your neighborhood.
Bury them at night, don’t throw in the trash, they stink after a couple days, and give away what you “might” be doing.

Yup, unless you have a squirrel loving Karen, in your neighborhood.
Bury them at night, don’t throw in the trash, they stink after a couple days, and give away what you “might” be doing.
Absolutely.. seems all around in my cul-de-sac are ok with that even an occasional 22lr speaking ,but, most around me are 2A loving CC'ing real people. The best part is I have someone close by that just loves squirrel and will take all I give him so none have to be disposed of any other way.

No absolutely not!

The “moderator” for an air gun is drastically different than a firearm suppressor/silencer.
You would under no circumstance use an air gun moderator on a firearm, and using a firearm suppressor would do absolutely nothing on an air gun.

Apparently most on this thread don’t understand that air guns, including their accessories are not regulated because they are not firearms. The moderators can be purchased and shipped right to your door, there’s no need for FFL, no tax stamp, no registration.
ATF has literally declared a shoelace to be a machine gun. We know more about terminology and being reasonable than they do...

Back
Top Bottom