• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Air rifle with can

Could you post some details on this gun? I'm intrigued with the set up.

Might be up for sale now, lol
It’s an FX M3 with a few add ons. It’s a different stock, I swapped the grip and that thing on the end is a muzzle cover to prevent ants from entering the barrel and starting a new community. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

It’s currently set to 880 fps but it’s good to over 1000. 880 gives me accuracy, plenty of power and less refilling.

25 cal but they’re available in .177, .22, .25, .30…
I get about 75 to 100 shots per fill. I have a specialty type compressor that fills it but some folks use scuba tanks. Young folks might use a high tech bike pump. Better you than me.

Accuracy is off the charts with these things. They’re not yesterday’s pellet guns.

And it’s absolutely for sale but I’d never list it here. They’re just too expensive

Yeah, I have looked at those and can't believe the price on them. I am looking for something a little less extravagant. Something in the $300 range max.
I have a Gamo break barrel you can have for $100. It works perfectly and has only seen a little use. It’s kinda loud for the shooter, not bad for others. I’ll pm you some pics

I tried to get a nuisance animal permit because squirrels were trying to eat through the siding into my attic. The DNR official said they won't issue those permits during hunting season because the hunting license covers it. I bought a Gamo .177 air rifle to avoid the "no shooting firearms within 50 yards of a public street" law, and got rid of the squirrels. (Rats came also for the first time. Gone.) That air rifle is loud -- I'd love to "moderate" it. I might also take the air rifle on a bona fide squirrel hunt. It's fun and accurate.

BTW, it's really fun to pick off rats (about the size of chipmunks) and squirrels from at least 35 yards, from an elevated deck with a mug of coffee, in an HOA neighborhood, using an air rifle with iron sights. My 90+ year old mother in law got a real kick out of watching it from the kitchen window. :cool:

It's also fun to target practice in the back yard. I made a simple pellet trap out of plywood and 2x4s to sight it in.

70084299163__8F4B0337-FBDF-4DA2-9510-56E2C9720468.jpeg

What are squirrels? I thought they were extinct.

Back
Top Bottom