• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Having Issues with their Fax System

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I recently received this email from the ATF regarding problems with their fax system. Evidently some dealers are still sending these reports in via fax when they could use email. I am not sure what all those reports are but looks like they are interested in a lot of the business going on, especailly if someone is purchasing multiple weapons.

ATTENTION ALL FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEES:
Please be advised the ATF, National Tracing Center (NTC) Division has resolved the previously reported problem with the fax server utilized for the submission of ATF Form 3310.4, ATF Form 3310.12, and Demand Letter 2 reports. Although services have been restored and the NTC is once again able to accept these forms via fax, FFLs are encouraged to submit the following documents via e-mail:
  1. Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers (ATF Form 3310.4): Please e-mail these forms to: multiplehandgunsalesforms@atf.gov.
  2. Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Certain Rifles (ATF Form 3310.12): Please e-mail these forms to: multiplelonggunsalesforms@atf.gov.
  3. Demand 2 Reports (Used Gun Reports): Please e-mail these reports to: usedgunreports@atf.gov.
  4. All other miscellaneous documents can be e-mailed to: ntcsecurefaxroom@atf.gov.
Thank you for patience regarding this matter.

While I'm amazed that they still use fax, I am more interested in the types of reports that have to be sent in by FFL holders. Multiple gun sales reports and used gun reports? I see the email addresses to mail in the reports but no examples of what the reports entail. I'm a C&R holder and since I don't sell any of my C&R weapons that are on my bound book I'm just curious.

While I'm amazed that they still use fax, I am more interested in the types of reports that have to be sent in by FFL holders. Multiple gun sales reports and used gun reports? I see the email addresses to mail in the reports but no examples of what the reports entail. I'm a C&R holder and since I don't sell any of my C&R weapons that are on my bound book I'm just curious.
There is no used gun report that I know of. I email them multiple handgun sales reports.

This is the one I'm wondering about
Demand 2 Reports (Used Gun Reports): Please e-mail these reports to: usedgunreports@atf.gov.
I just did a google search and it is something required of FFL dealers who have more the 25 trace request in a year. More reporting requirements. I guess they think if you are having that many traces you must be dealing with shady characters.

I just did a google search and it is something required of FFL dealers who have more the 25 trace request in a year. More reporting requirements. I guess they think if you are having that many traces you must be dealing with shady characters.
Or else they don't have anything better to do than to hassle dealers.

Back
Top Bottom