• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention on Baiting

Yeh I found that and academy site, said it was at there store..Called and they don't have one so I asked them to find out if they can order one...Save me 49 in shipping.
The one in Macon usually get them around August they just got back on the website

980F0914-63CA-4FBC-BAB1-2B085A02EB41.jpeg

Ear corn is the only way to go. I never use shelled corn because the little critters just eat it up and the bucks don't want anything to do with it. You can put down a couple of bushel of ear corn and not touch it for a couple weeks and it will bring in more deer than any amount of shell corn. You'll get bucks and does any time of day with ear corn.

Might be hard to find ear corn unless you can talk to a farmer that's growing it and make a deal with them before harvest. I usually buy an acre of corn from a farmer and have them leave it stand and I go pick it myself. Yea, it's more work, but it's also more natural and the deer love it. Take it to the woods with the husks still on. On top of that, it's only about $3 a bushel on average.

Most "hunters" couldnt point to an oak and tell you if its a white or a red.
I was just getting caught up on this thread and read this post. Not 10 minutes later my 6 year old brought me two leaves and said “ these look a lot alike but I think they are 2 different kinds of trees”
AF0CA16E-1D29-457C-9C43-9EEC8DE74056.jpeg

My 6 year old is now ahead of most “hunters” and can tell you If he is pointing at a red oak or a white oak.

Been huntin and fishin since I was a kid, now at 71 have never hunted at a food plot or over bait.
Haven't killed that many big deer, but while with my kids and friends camping and have a good time means as much maybe even more than a head on the wall. Still walk the hills and hollars in the North Georgia mountains, maybe just not as fast nor as far.....................

Back
Top Bottom