August 3rd survival meet up?

yes, weapons are welcome as long as you practice firearm safety to the fullest. I have young children that will be close by. once the alcohol comes out, if it does I would appreciate all weapons holstered. I do have a target in safe shooting distance with full backstop.

planned on it. just gotta see how my schedule is. i work 6 days a week. so sundays are my only days off. and that's the only day the wife and i have off together. but yes i plan on it

yes, weapons are welcome as long as you practice firearm safety to the fullest. I have young children that will be close by. once the alcohol comes out, if it does I would appreciate all weapons holstered. I do have a target in safe shooting distance with full backstop.

That is great. If it is ok, I would like to just bring my 45cal Traditions MuzzleLoader to fire off just a few rounds to make sure it's ready for huntin season. No one up around Marietta will let me go inside their range to fire off a few rounds. So I gotta travel out into the country side to test since I am in the metro limits. I don't want to go to our hunting ground to test cause it's getting to close to season.

That is great. If it is ok, I would like to just bring my 45cal Traditions MuzzleLoader to fire off just a few rounds to make sure it's ready for huntin season. No one up around Marietta will let me go inside their range to fire off a few rounds. So I gotta travel out into the country side to test since I am in the metro limits. I don't want to go to our hunting ground to test cause it's getting to close to season.
I don't see that being a problem. I stopped maintaining the trails back there in winter so my longest available shot is probably 100-150 yards and may even have to lay down to get that but that should be plenty for a muzzle loader. I do have another open place that we might could improvise a target to 200 yards. (if anyone wants to sight in or check a rifle)

campers: You don't really need to bring anything specific, Just wanted to make sure the people that weren't that familiar with this knew what they were getting into (intentions of the updated post) but as long as everyone brings some kind of bug protection, water, food, shelter, means of fire and any toys they want to play with or show off lol. I of course have water at the house if anyone forgets it or needs to refill. I also have some extra gear if anyone forgets it or needs to borrow something. I have 1 small tent, an extra hammock, couple sleeping bags etc..... I also have a thermocell lantern that I may bring.

Found the address to the dollar general: 1910 Jodeco Rd Stockbridge, GA 30281 I will meet all Saturday people there between 11-12 (lunch) then we will drive to my place a few seconds away. people coming in on Friday just pm me the time and I will meet you there.

Look forward to meeting you RugerC!

I picked up a 1/2 inch, 6 foot long iron pipe w/ a T- for a handle, for a spit.
I figure it will double as an atlatl...
We will need 2 logs or cinderblocks to set it on.

I like to bake biscuits; might try some coffee can bread too.

Back
Top Bottom