• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back In My Day

I made a 6 ft "skateboard" from a pair of metal skates we used in the day, nailed half to each end and me and a smaller cuz rode it down a hill that was 12 degrees and a half mile long. We did good till a truck pulled out and we went slap under it, unscathed, only to hit a drain in middle of road that stuck up 1/2 inch. The board stopped and we went airborne, I landed on the back of my smaller Cuz's head which was face down on asphalt, he bit off his tongue and most of his lower lip. I toted his limp body, the tongue (he passed out) to his house and his Mom on the front porch saw his head covered in blood and then she fainted. Boy what an ass whuppin I got when l was said and done. The tongue and lip were all fixed and he didn't even stutter after it healed.

6a0642c9baec9afb5a06b8b035af15b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in my day if you caught the polio or a flu, we’d just bury you 3 weeks later and not cry about it. We didn’t have all these sissy serums and “scientific breakthroughs”.

We played army with slingshots and dirt clods and the only rule we had was we'd beat you up if you got hurt enough to go crying home and get everyone in trouble! LOL. We even dug traps in the woods with our version of pungee sticks!

Back
Top Bottom