• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad customer service?

you wanted a gun they had already sold? Maybe the new S&W Shield? They probably had it sold. Fraziers is a good place and willing to work with folks. I never have had a problem with them and never bought a gun over the phone from a local shop.

No I was looking for a Daniel defense rifle, which they had some of, but they were packed up for a gun show and they didn't expect them to come back. Fraziers is not my local gun store, they are 4 hours away from me, so I wanted to buy the rifle over the phone and have it shipped to south ga. Hell I was even going to go to the Savannah gun show to buy it from them, but they said all of them were going to the Tallahassee gun show

I also found another one at a better deal the next day! So things have a way of working out for the better sometimes?
***** Have found this to be true also.*******
Some, not all gun show oriented dealers have a way of letting their locals suck hind tit at times. QUOTE] Again, true. Thats why people only get one shot at getting my money, too easy to find someone that'll appreciate the sale and need it !

Again, true. Thats why people only get one shot at getting my money, too easy to find someone that'll appreciate the sale and need it !

I'm the same way. I went into a local gun store looking for a 1911. They had the exact 1911 that I wanted, and I was ready to buy it but the guy behind the counter was too busy talking to one of his buddies to help me. I waited around for 10 minutes before I left. They didn't want my $1,500, so I took my business elsewhere and haven't been back since. I have since bought 5 or 6 guns from the shop I ended up getting the 1911 from.

I'm the same way. I went into a local gun store looking for a 1911. They had the exact 1911 that I wanted, and I was ready to buy it but the guy behind the counter was too busy talking to one of his buddies to help me. I waited around for 10 minutes before I left. They didn't want my $1,500, so I took my business elsewhere and haven't been back since. I have since bought 5 or 6 guns from the shop I ended up getting the 1911 from.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me twice. Once at David's Gun Room and again at the old Satterfield's in Gainesville. I never went back and will tell anybody about it whenever I get a chance.

huh? id figure they would take the money from whoever. id tell you to call back monday and if it was still available id sell it, but id figure id give you a price and stuff first

where was this?

It's tough in these times to own a "gun shop" and try to make a living with it. There's not much profit margin selling new guns. From what I can see most dealers make between $50 and $100 profit off of one sale. You figure a basic shop pays $1000 month rent. Figure another $300 per month electricity.
That's thirteen rifles you have to sell just to pay those. When you start looking at paying salaries of three or four people the ante goes up quick just to break even.
A lot of small shops make up their volume at shows.
Case in point: local shop here in Macon. I had all my transfers done with them $25 a pop, bought several AKs/SKSs/Mosins and handguns from this shop. When I changed jobs, my hours were such that I could only make it to the shop on Fridays after 12.00noon. My first trip after starting the new job, they had the truck and trailer loaded, shelves and cases were empty. This was every Friday. So, needless to say I couldn't spend money with them even if I wanted to.
I completely understand their perspective; they've got a show in say...North Georgia or Savannah that's 3+hours away. They want to the truck loaded, get to the show venue, get it unloaded and set up so they've time to rest that evening. You start packing at 11.00am, get done around 2.00pm. Three hours puts you there at around 5.00pm. At least 3 more hours to set up and it's 8.00pm. Most of these venues have a time cut off in the evening too.
Should they have kept everything on the shelf until closing time on Friday so little ole' me can come in and look around? No, of course not.
But it should be noted that this shop is now closed and out of business.

I would love to run a gun shop. However, I would hate to try and make a living at it. That's why shops with ranges, or pawn/gun shops seem to be able to stay afloat better than many small shops.
its a good thing gun stores also make money off of ammo, accessories, transfer fees

business is doing better than ever in this bad economy (something i notice, during a bad economy the firearms industry is one that doesnt seem to be losing money)

Back
Top Bottom