• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad grouping

Have you got it to group with any other ammo? Feel free to fiddle with at my modest range. We’re max 15 minutes apart. If it saves you any time.

I'll buy some and hit you up. You can abuse your shoulder with it too if you would like.

Reactions: GFB
I've heard that now from 4 people I trust.
When I worked at the pawnshop for a while we sold a lot of it and people would regularly come back and complain. Can't think of any other ammo that got complaints. But we still sold the **** out of it because Hornady has pretty boxes and fancy marketing.

When I worked at the pawnshop for a while we sold a lot of it and people would regularly come back and complain. Can't think of any other ammo that got complaints. But we still sold the **** out of it because Hornady has pretty boxes and fancy marketing.

I've had mixed results with other hornady. I changed out another scope on my shotgun because their sst sabot slugs were dancing. Different lot number it was dialed in quick.

You think the soft point federal is any good?

I'm going to try. I've had someone else shoot it to make sure it wasn't just me. Did everything right and it's still not tight like I want it. If it's not the ammo it's the gun. I don't want it to be that.
Do you reload? I think you need to find the right combo. What I read about the 1 in 20 is that it likes 325gr bullets. Well you've tried that. What brand ammo are you shooting?
I've shot a 458win mag, Ruger #1. Seems it's a 1 in 14. Shoots one hole groups at 100 yds. Bullet weight in this case doesn't matter. I've also used 45-70 bullets in 405gr

Do you reload? I think you need to find the right combo. What I read about the 1 in 20 is that it likes 325gr bullets. Well you've tried that. What brand ammo are you shooting?
I've shot a 458win mag, Ruger #1. Seems it's a 1 in 14. Shoots one hole groups at 100 yds. Bullet weight in this case doesn't matter. I've also used 45-70 bullets in 405gr

Hornady leverevolution 325.

Years back I purchased a brand new colt sporter AR-15 Heavy barrel, out a 3x9x40 Leupold scope on it - new scope, new rings that mounted to the carry handle. Spent several days trying to get it sighted in, couldn't put 5 consecutive shots on a paper plate at 50 yards, exchanged the scope, tried different mounting adapter, multiple ammunition manufacturers...no joy. Took it to a gunsmith that advised me to send it back to COLT, it was replaced as a manufacturers defect - no explanation as to what the issue was. I'm just saying, that sometimes the weapon is the issue, not likely (without obvious damage) but possible.

Back
Top Bottom