• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad review - Vortex Crossfire 2 Hog Hunter

My buddy had one on a Remington 788 in .243 win. The front lens fell out. Lol

Vortex replaced it within a week, but we lost a ton of faith in it.

• Wow
Reactions: GFB
Vortex has an enthusiastic following, but I have always avoided them because much of their line is Chinese. Just my own bias. I am sure much of their stuff is great and I know some of it is manufactured in other countries.

Vortex has an enthusiastic following, but I have always avoided them because much of their line is Chinese. Just my own bias. I am sure much of their stuff is great and I know some of it is manufactured in other countries.

Once you get north of the $600 price range their optics improve considerably.

The 5-25 strike Eagle, PST, LHT, and Razor line are dependable optics.

Cyclops Joe is a bit vulgar and plays dumb a lot but his reviews are actually pretty good.

I’ve had two Crossfires (not this exact model). They worked but both seemed behind other budget options like Hawke or Nikon.

Reactions: GFB
So....don't buy the Chinese stuff. Pretty simple rule to follow on scopes. Buuuuut, a lot of people subscribe to the "jerst az guud" thought process

Back
Top Bottom