• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bakersfield PD qual

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
This one’s an oldie. I’ve been aware of it for decades, so I can’t say why I haven’t given it a whirl. I’ll be shooting it this Monday, and I’ll post my results here.

Basics of the course of fire are (this is with the police mind set on a call response):

All of this begins from the holster at each distance.

2 rounds in 1.5 seconds at 10 feet (“No one should be closer than that.”)

2 rounds in 2.0 seconds at 20 feet (“The length of a car.”)

2 reload 2 in 6.0 seconds (8.0 for revolvers) at 30 feet (“From the curb to the front door.”)

2 rounds in 3.5 seconds at 60 feet (“From the opposite curb to the front door.”)

The 10-point scoring zone on the silhouette target was, as best he could recall, a 7-inch circle, with the next zone (9 points) measuring 9×13 inches. A hit anywhere else on the silhouette scored 6 points.

Time penalties are set as follows:

”The time was flexible in that there were penalties for overtime. The penalties were 1 point per quarter second over the time allowed for the string. So, if you fired 2 in 1.5 seconds at 10 feet, you got zero penalties. At 1.6 seconds you lost 1 point. At 1.8 you lost 2 points, etc. ”

Passing score- 80 with 100 points possible.

The story behind the course of fire is interesting.

I have the actual target dimensions from Bakersfield. It's sporty.

I've shot a string of 99s when shooting it on an IDPA target. I haven't run it yet on the actual target.

Andy Stanford and I discussed the Bakersfield Qual in this episode:

Podcast version

This one’s an oldie. I’ve been aware of it for decades, so I can’t say why I haven’t given it a whirl. I’ll be shooting it this Monday, and I’ll post my results here.

Basics of the course of fire are (this is with the police mind set on a call response):

All of this begins from the holster at each distance.

2 rounds in 1.5 seconds at 10 feet (“No one should be closer than that.”)

2 rounds in 2.0 seconds at 20 feet (“The length of a car.”)

2 reload 2 in 6.0 seconds (8.0 for revolvers) at 30 feet (“From the curb to the front door.”)

2 rounds in 3.5 seconds at 60 feet (“From the opposite curb to the front door.”)

The 10-point scoring zone on the silhouette target was, as best he could recall, a 7-inch circle, with the next zone (9 points) measuring 9×13 inches. A hit anywhere else on the silhouette scored 6 points.

Time penalties are set as follows:

”The time was flexible in that there were penalties for overtime. The penalties were 1 point per quarter second over the time allowed for the string. So, if you fired 2 in 1.5 seconds at 10 feet, you got zero penalties. At 1.6 seconds you lost 1 point. At 1.8 you lost 2 points, etc. ”

Passing score- 80 with 100 points possible.

The story behind the course of fire is interesting.
In for this story.

Back
Top Bottom