• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Banned at local restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the timeframe I visit the store it is usually empty. I usually sit/eat/go. As I received the call I kind of panicked as I had my food untouched and I really wanted to elicit this gentlemans assistance with a project I am currently working on.

Everything was going perfectly and the usual staff greeting did not interfere.

I was in a Dunkin Donuts a couple of days ago and had a similar situation come up. The place was empty when I arrived so I thought it would be a good place to take a conf call. Well, sure enough, as soon as the call started a customer comes in with her two kids. And sure enough, they messed up her order or were taking too long and she was acting like they had called her baby ugly. She made a huge scene and I was trying hard to keep my phone on mute between blurbs. I got so annoyed that I almost yelled at her and the staff before I realized that I should probably just leave and finish the call in the car, which is exactly what I did.

Is this one of those “ I’m to important to be bother with common courtesy to other people because I’m so Important that everyone should stop what they are doing for me. And not only that now I need to be a constant drama whore looking for even more attention and acceptance of my juvenile, self centered, egotistical attitude. Did I mention how important I am?“ posts?? I love those

For What It's Worth, I'm often taking important business-related calls while I'm out running errands, and I make a special effort to get into a quiet, private environment.
Restaurants almost never work for 3 reasons:
1- It's not private. Everybody hears your business. And my client's.
2-- It's noisy from other people talking around me.
3-- It's noisy from the soundtrack every restaurant seems to play for the "atmosphere." I hate that. I want to eat in peace and quiet, even if didn't have a phone with me. I don't typically like the kind of "top 40 pop" that plays in restaurants anyway. I might only like 1 out of 4 songs, and I have to suffer through the other 3.

I will usually ask the caller if I can call them back, and I find a spot in a parking lot of some shopping center or office park, and I park FAR AWAY from the roads and main driveways, to minimize vehicle noise. I shut off my vehicle, no matter how hot or cold it is outside. I want total quiet for phone conversations. And, I check my signal strength. Sometimes moving just 100 yards to the other corner of the property improves my signal a lot.

I stay away from those tables, I'll sit at the bar!
If only that worked. What the hell is up with you Georgia people thinking it’s ok to let kids sit at a bar. When I’m a millionaire I’m opening a restaurant where diners don’t have to listen to your crying, spoiled, bratty kids running around while having a dinner away from their own kids.

If only that worked. What the hell is up with you Georgia people thinking it’s ok to let kids sit at a bar. When I’m a millionaire I’m opening a restaurant where diners don’t have to listen to your crying, spoiled, bratty kids running around while having a dinner away from their own kids.
Unfortunately not a new concept. They already have those for millionaires, it is called fine dining...:boink:

At the timeframe I visit the store it is usually empty. I usually sit/eat/go. As I received the call I kind of panicked as I had my food untouched and I really wanted to elicit this gentlemans assistance with a project I am currently working on.

Just gauging the group think. Thats why I posted this in stupid stuff. Believe me when I say I was having a quiet conversation. The performance probably could not be performed louder if he tried.

What franchise?

Just gauging the group think. Thats why I posted this in stupid stuff. Believe me when I say I was having a quiet conversation. The performance probably could not be performed louder if he tried.
Even if you’re quietly using your phone, it’s still not your place of work, but theirs. I understand taking important calls...I’m in sales and usually can’t miss a call at lunch either. But it’s unfair to ask the restaurant to alter their way of operating to suit you, when you know what their schtick is.

Also on this topic. Why do couples/families etc.... all use their phones while out at a restaurant.
Can't people have conversations anymore - many times I look around the restaurant and see no one talking to each other but sat looking into a "gadget"
They are texting each other because the welcoming guy is too loud for conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom