• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Barrett Firearms Has Been Sold!!

Fingers crossed for the best, but I have very low expectations when you blend firearms with Australian anything. Time will tell. Glad I already snagged my M99.
If you reload, anything in hogdons extreme line is made by Thales in AUS. I.E, h4895, h4350, varget, h1000 amongst others. Works well enough.

Can’t believe it happened while Ronnie is still alive. I figured as soon as he passed, or turned the company over to Chris, that Chris would sell it.

Any civilians wanting a Barrett, scrape together the money and get it now. You won’t be able to in the future.
I read: Barrett would continue to operate under its own brand. All management and staff at Barrett's Murfreesboro, Tenn., manufacturing facility will be retained, and production will continue as normal.

I read: Barrett would continue to operate under its own brand. All management and staff at Barrett's Murfreesboro, Tenn., manufacturing facility will be retained, and production will continue as normal.

Yes, I read that, and understood it before I made my statements.

So you believe that ‘production will continue as normal’ means that these products will no longer be for sale

They’re hard enough to get as it is. I doubt selling out to a foreign-owned company that focuses on military contracts is going to put more firearms in the hands of American civilians.

Additionally, as was mentioned above, the new parent company is only required to keep manufacturing in TN for a relatively short number of years.

I honestly hope that I’m wrong, but the general consensus in the firearms industry is that this does not bode well for the American shooter that wants Barrett’s products in the future.

“Future” is the word that I used in my original post on the topic. Short term, we probably won’t see a change, which is why I urged folks that wanted a Barrett to get one now.

Back
Top Bottom