Basic safety and pistol training in the Gwinnett area?

Willy Leadwell

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
Looking to get my wife and mother-in-law into a basic safety/pistol training course. Any recommendations on places within reasonable driving distance? We are in Snellville, so just about anywhere in Gwinnett or even the Conyers area would be doable. Thanks!

Not to take anything away from these guys as I know they offer good training, but I know Gwinnett County Sheriff puts on a class every now and then for free. So do alot of local police departments. Just take a look around, iv actually been to 3 in the last 2 years from various places. Very good instruction at all.

Thanks for the suggestions. Going to look in to some of these tomorrow. Still looking for something local as most of these are an hour or more away from us.

I came across a sire for Armed Citizens of Georgia firearms training? They are closer to me, but I only want to use someone who is recommended and known to be reputable. Anyone have any experience with them?

Last edited:
Never heard of them. Which doesn't mean a lot, there are lots of folks getting into the firearms training business these days, some more qualified than others.

Ijasond, I may politely suggest to focus less on geographical inconveniences and make selection based on quality of training.
Making a section based primarily based on "proximity and convenience" may indeed yield results that are more of a hinderance than the distance of travel.

A few very good training schools/ programs were listed. If you investigate the education of Monty (Protective Measures) and Will (Coup de Main) you may be surprised and the distances and cost they spent to develop their skillsets allowing them to teach.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom