• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bass broke the line at the boat

MTK07_UGA

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
I hooked into a bass this morning at 9am and it would have been my first wall hanger. Pulled lots of drag under the boat back and forth. He started to tire and I had him right next to the boat when he broke the line and swam away. To say I am depressed is an understatement. I was just wondering if anyone else on the board has any near miss stories. Im headed back tomorrow to fish again. For you bass anglers out there he bit a 10" red shad Culprit Texas rigged with a tru turn 4/0 hook and broke 10lb line.

The bass was at least 10lbs and could have been 12 plus.

i was at the chickamuaga dam a while back and lost about a 6 lb largemouth, got him to the bank reached to grab him and slipped line lost tension and the hook slipped out. im still kickin myself for that one

theres a place I fished in highschool called desperation point on lake lanier. We would drop lights into the water at night and huuuge fish would snap some serious line. I don't know what kind of fish it was. every so often we would get lucky and tire one out before it snapped a line. not sure what fish it was, but not bass or carp. maybe striper? it was the size of my freakin leg

theres a place I fished in highschool called desperation point on lake lanier. We would drop lights into the water at night and huuuge fish would snap some serious line. I don't know what kind of fish it was. every so often we would get lucky and tire one out before it snapped a line. not sure what fish it was, but not bass or carp. maybe striper? it was the size of my freakin leg

Probably striper. they get huge.

I had an 12' sword on the line for three hours before he reversed course and parted the line on the hull of the boat. :(

When I was a kid me and my dad fished the Tennessee river and would catch quite a few 10+ pounders. You could ball up both fists and put it in their mouths. One day I hooked a bass that took off and snapped that old style 14 size strength of 40 lb test line like it wasn't even there. Zipp and pop. I have got into striper fishing lately and I doubt I will ever largemouth fish again.

I catch my striper on a small one man pontoon raft. Its a heck of alot of fun. This one scaled in at 11.6 lbs. average.

View attachment 109539

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom