• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BB Pistols

saw a Glock 19 bb pistol at academy yesterday. It caught my attention. Not enough to buy one, but I thought it looked cool. Had it been a 17 I probably would have bought it.

I hate CO2 powered BB pistols or pellet pistols.
Not only is the CO2 constantly running out (after 30 to 50 shots) but it gives erratic performance. Worse, you can't store a CO2 charged gun without it leaking out over a few days. Finally, many CO2 pistols are of a "double action only" trigger design, which means the trigger pull is insanely heavy.

But, CO2 powered pistols can be fairly authentic in size and shape compared to the real fire arms they are copying. I've had several of them over the years.

What I chose for my backyard or basement planking is a break barrel 177 caliber single shot pistol. Not unlike the Walther that Sean Connery posed with in a very famous poster for his James Bond movie character.

It's not very powerful it only shoots all lead 177 pellets at about 400 ft./s,
but that's enough to have a reasonable trajectory out to about 50 feet.

Mine is a copy of the Browning Buck Mark and it has a rail on the top of the receiver to make it easy to mount a red dot optic, which I have done, and it improves accuracy both in my hands and especially in the hands of beginners who give it a try.

50B98FA8-DE74-4460-9ABC-B8A8E85485D2.jpeg

I use the Sig air rifle and pistol combo.

Several folks who know guns cannot tell they are bb guns even after picking them up until they see the muzzle size.

Accurate, and go about 120 shots on a cartridge. The rifle does have an issue seating the co2 after the 10th time, needs longer plunger.

https://www.sigsauer.com/airguns.html

Back
Top Bottom