• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savannah PD looking to make the move to optics mounted pistols

if they shot and trained more, I would expect those numbers improve. Optics are a benefit regardless, but if agencies promoted a greater shooting culture, I believe would be the ticket for improvement. I would always have people asking me for input when I was at my last job in LE and when I asked how much dry fire, presentations, and actual trigger time was done it was dang near nil. No matter how awesome the instructors in the training divisions are, if the shooters touch the guns once a year or only right before going to the academy you are asking for issues.

100% they should have more mandatory hands on training and I think the should even do citizen days where we can shoot along side them. Maybe break down the my sidizm

I recall a LE study that 90% of "gunfights" followed the 3 to 5 rule, 3 to 5 shots in 3 to 5 seconds at 3 to 5 feet, why do you need optics?
What happens when they don't follow that formula? What happens when they need to take a shot down a Walmart aisle?

1.) A LOT of agencies run red dots
2.) A red dot will make you a better shooter if you aren't lazy
3.) Tell me you don't know **** about guns without telling me you don't know **** about guns (the article)
4.) Of course they would do a hit piece on Clyde's, that's what happens when a Congressmen owns a gun store

Back
Top Bottom