• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savannah PD looking to make the move to optics mounted pistols

Outlier

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.

Are there any other GA agencies that have already converted?

I don't know the ins and outs of it all but there was a lot of shade thrown at Clyde's Armory in that article.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.

Are there any other GA agencies that have already converted?

I don't know the ins and outs of it all but there was a lot of shade thrown at Clyde's Armory in that article.

A lot of agencies offer pistol optics as an option for your duty gun. Some agencies buy them, and some have an approved list so you can purchase your own.

if they shot and trained more, I would expect those numbers improve. Optics are a benefit regardless, but if agencies promoted a greater shooting culture, I believe would be the ticket for improvement. I would always have people asking me for input when I was at my last job in LE and when I asked how much dry fire, presentations, and actual trigger time was done it was dang near nil. No matter how awesome the instructors in the training divisions are, if the shooters touch the guns once a year or only right before going to the academy you are asking for issues.

I’m not a fan of “shake awake”. The only pistol RDS that I’m totally behind right now is the Aimpoint ACRO P2. With a battery life of 2 years, I‘d change it out on my birthday every year.

The new Trijicon RCR also interests me, and it has a battery life of 6 years when kept at setting 5.

In the article it did mention Aimpoint for the red dot sight but didn't specifically say the Acro. Does Aimpoint even make the P1 anymore?

Back
Top Bottom