• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Be Careful when you buy water This is a bunch of BULL ****

In full disclosure, I allowed myself to be sucked into the arguments and was immediately labeled a LEO basher and a troll. Shame on me. As for the dog thread, I was sickened by the whole event and my position was the outcome could have been prevented if the officers had acted better. Other LEO's disagreed and the race was on. I did not buy into the view that the dogs life is more valuable, it is not, but I do hold LEO to a higher standard than some loudmouth antagonizing idiot and would have hoped a little situational awareness and good judgment on the LEO's part would have prevented them from killing the dog. My career training taught me an outcome is never the result of any one event, it is the result of cumulative actions, thus the reasoning behind my remarks. In my humble opinion, placing the blame entirely on the idiot owner is a myopic view of the events that led to the end result and watching that dog die needlessly was disturbing to say the least.

What initially got me fired up in this thread was the nonchalant attitude that because the charges against the girls were dropped, no harm, no foul. I say plenty of foul. So much foul in fact, that I took a couple of hours and researched why all the animosity against police and vice versa as I truly had no idea this existed at the level I witnessed here the past few days. For a forum that is based on a common interest to be so deeply divided on what should have been nothing more than a casual discussion is quite telling. In summary, Houston, we have a problem.

In conclusion, if every LEO had your outlook, we would not be having these discussions. I for one, sincerely appreciate you speaking up and for your service to the community. Thank you for all you do.

I agree whole heartedly, that Dog Thread was very disturbing and the biggest tragedy, despite all the dumbassery on both sides, was watching that dog die! Watching that makes me want to line both the owner and shooter against a wall and kick them both in the balls as hard as I could. All the other variables aside, the owner should have secured his dog AND the officer should have used more restraint.

I, like any sane man, do not want to get bit by a dog. However, before I chose to kill him, I would have had to have more than that dog was displaying. Perception of threat to some extent is an individual thing. What I mean is that what I might find as not so alarming (i.e. the dog lunging) another officer my perceive as life threatening and react accordingly. BUT, and this is the bright line of reasonableness that many of my fellow LEOs will not see or agree with, there was no immediate threat to that officer's life and unless that officer was so new that he had zero experience with dogs, he should have known that his pistol was not the best option.

So, you see, you and I actually agree on many of the same points here. Even though you are a "LEO Basher" and I am a "Jack Booted Thug", we still find a way to meet on common ground when we are willing to see truth without bias and admit the none of us have a corner on what is right.

Last edited:
if multiple people ran at my car in "plain clothes" and/or started pounding on it I'd be rushing out of there as well and have my gun ready just in case I'm followed plus call the cops on the people who did it, the girls did the right thing to stay safe

Last edited:
I agree whole heartedly, that Dog Thread was very disturbing and the biggest tragedy, despite all the dumbassery on both sides, was watching that dog die! Watching that makes me want to line both the owner and shooter against a wall and kick them both in the balls as hard as I could. All the other variables aside, the owner should have secured his dog AND the officer should have used more restraint.

I, like any sane man, do not want to get bit by a dog. However, before I chose to kill him, I would have had to have more than that dog was displaying. Perception of threat to some extent is an individual thing. What I mean is that what I might find as not so alarming (i.e. the dog lunging) another officer my perceive as life threatening and react accordingly. BUT, and this is the bright line of reasonableness that many of my fellow LEOs will not see or agree with, there was no immediate threat to that officer's life and unless that officer was so new that he had zero experience with dogs, he should have known that his pistol was not the best option.

So, you see, you and I actually agree on many of the same points here. Even though you are a "LEO Basher" and I am a "Jack Booted Thug", we still find a way to meet on common ground when we are willing to see truth without bias and admit the none of us have a corner on what is right.

Ideology and bias blinds many people; reason and logic seems to be in short supply these days.

I have yet to read or hear from a professional dog trainer that said the dog was in attack mode. Most agree the dog was confused and was telling the officer that shot it to not reach out and grab its collar. But those too are opinions, but from I saw in the video, I am inclined to agree. Nonetheless, I'd think that out of three officers, one would have had the insight to make sure the dog was secure before proceeding even though it was the owners responsibility to do so. Basically, out of four adults, none had the sense to ensure the dog was secure. And the dog paid the price.

Your fellow officers that I have offended can call off the drones, I really am on your side. However, women getting cavity searches by police on the side of the road, women getting shot by police who mistake them for a black man running from police, teenage girls terrorized by agents for suspicion of buying beer, innocent peopled killed in their homes because officers had the wrong address on a no-knock warrant, ganging up on a teenage boy because he won't roll his window down further at a road block, swat marching people out of their homes during manhunts, etc., etc., not so much. Peace.

Ideology and bias blinds many people; reason and logic seems to be in short supply these days.

I have yet to read or hear from a professional dog trainer that said the dog was in attack mode. Most agree the dog was confused and was telling the officer that shot it to not reach out and grab its collar. But those too are opinions, but from I saw in the video, I am inclined to agree. Nonetheless, I'd think that out of three officers, one would have had the insight to make sure the dog was secure before proceeding even though it was the owners responsibility to do so. Basically, out of four adults, none had the sense to ensure the dog was secure. And the dog paid the price.

Your fellow officers that I have offended can call off the drones, I really am on your side. However, women getting cavity searches by police on the side of the road, women getting shot by police who mistake them for a black man running from police, teenage girls terrorized by agents for suspicion of buying beer, innocent peopled killed in their homes because officers had the wrong address on a no-knock warrant, ganging up on a teenage boy because he won't roll his window down further at a road block, swat marching people out of their homes during manhunts, etc., etc., not so much. Peace.
I am a professional dog trainer and I can say with certainty that you are correct, the dog was NOT in a full attack mode. He was trying to defend an "attack" against his owner in an unsure manner and was probably also agitated at the demeanor of the cops. A TRUE attacking Rott wouldn't have even given the douche a chance to draw his gun before he was on the ground screaming and bleeding.

I am a professional dog trainer and I can say with certainty that you are correct, the dog was NOT in a full attack mode. He was trying to defend an "attack" against his owner in an unsure manner and was probably also agitated at the demeanor of the cops. A TRUE attacking Rott wouldn't have even given the douche a chance to draw his gun before he was on the ground screaming and bleeding.

Every detail you have said has been the consensus of virtually every dog trainers posts I have seen.

Last edited:
Not to jump right in, but has anyone seen how cheap police badges are on ebay? And how many normal people can tell a real police badge from a fake?

and the uniforms are also relatively easy to duplicate, get a duty belt to add to the set-up with a glock and you'll be assumed to be a cop. and if you want to go all out buy a used crown Victoria with the police rims and paint it up like a unmarked police car

Back
Top Bottom