Be careful whom you dis

Well that was my point - needs more details. If he is ruling because the guy called him a moron, then that is a problem.

Actually, I think this ruling is separate from whether or not the charge of defamation is legit. It only addresses whether or not the anonymity of a poster is protected from a subpoena. This judge would not decide the defamation case while making this ruling.

Actually, I think this ruling is separate from whether or not the charge of defamation is legit. It only addresses whether or not the anonymity of a poster is protected from a subpoena. This judge would not decide the defamation case while making this ruling.

It read to me like revealing the identification was the ruling. “I think the court is sending a strong message to those who abuse the internet by defaming others and think they can get away with it by acting anonymously,” he told KYWnewsradio. “The court is strongly saying that anonymity does not mean immunity under defamation law.” Podraza says the ruling should provide protection from defamation for all citizens.

So if there was no suit to recover for damages, then it does not appear to be defamation. Plus I believe in profiling and a ruling in Philly in favor of union leader has a very fishy smell. Needs more detail, but I am skeptical.

What does the last post say? ^^^ All I see is "this user (or rhymes with user, starts with "L") is on your ignore list". :pound:

I hope this comes in to law. All the "brave" key board warriors that push people around and insult people can now have a face to face and see how "brave" they are. The Internet is full of cowards that don't have the sand to back up the crap they write online. Union or no union,game on for you online warriors,prepare to reap what you sew. Your freedom of speech will still be intact,your face might not be.

Back
Top Bottom