• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beating A Dead Horse

Is the AK more reliable than an AR dollar to dollar?

• Yes Comrade

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Sir, no, Sir

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Multi Cal. Tacos

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
i'd honestly go AR right now just because, the AK market is ok right now but the AR market is unbelievable. A good AR will eat up any crap ammo you feed it and honestly my $450 PSA runs just as good as my yankee hill. not to say you cant get a good ak cheap as well. its really a great time to just pick whichever one you like more! i wouldnt worry too much about reliability as in this market there is no reason to buy junk
ARs are cheap, and AKs are over priced. So to me there is no real question here. LOL
Would anyone throw me a link? As a matter of fact I need to post a WTB. Do you think $500 Will get me into the rifle? I'd rather be able to play with my gun like legos inbetween range trips anyways...Lol.

Would anyone throw me a link? As a matter of fact I need to post a WTB. Do you think $500 Will get me into the rifle? I'd rather be able to play with my gun like legos inbetween range trips anyways...Lol.

in todays world i think 500 will totally get you into a good rifle. you can get a factory ruger or s&w for those prices and if you want a different look just check out palmetto state right now, they are running tons of deals for christmas. classifieds can have some great deals to be had right now too

You should be able to get int a decent entry level AR for that.

Seen real cheap ones -$400 on Black Friday, probably still some around.

Unless you look real hard, I doubt you’ll find a decent AK under $650-750
Then again $500 this close to Christmas might open a few doors right now. LOL

Reactions: MRH

What's funny is that I remember right around the time I began collecting and shooting AKs were like signatures from Satan. They were hated by the media and dirt cheap. Lol. However, I think the script flipped. I guess i'll go AR.

You make a good point. $500 rifle, that I can always trick out doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom