• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Being fired due to medical issue?

I would have your mother-in-law inquire if ANYONE on the payroll has had surgery for any reason and had to miss a week of work. If so, and they weren't fired. If she is over 50; might have a major legal issue then. I'm not a lawyer; but I have stayed in Holiday Inns in the past. Either way, she needs to start looking for another place to work and I would explain to the parents why she is leaving. I'm sure the parents responses will put pressure on everyone involved.

My mother in law was threatened to be released of her job recently...

She is a daycare director for a local church and has been with them for 3+ years full time.

About 2 weeks ago she was at the house and fell. She went to the Dr. and found she has a torn rotator cuff and the Doctor wanted to see her back in a week. Well she went back without improvements so he is now scheduling surgery.

She has been working ever since the injury and kept her boss notified of her situation.

Her boss threatens if she has surgery and has to be out for a few days he will replace her....

My question is, can this even be legal?

What are her options at this time?

Does she have any sick or vacation time to cover her absence?

As hard as it is to get good people this does not make sense unless he has someone he wants to put in that job and is just using this as an excuse.

It varies by person but I was out of work for only about 5 days when I had my left shoulder done. I was 48 at that time. With kids though, won't she need both arms/hands working fully?

Does she have any sick or vacation time to cover her absence?

As hard as it is to get good people this does not make sense unless he has someone he wants to put in that job and is just using this as an excuse.

Winner Winner

His wife was terminated in the county school district. 20 years at that... she transferred to Alabama and they refused to rehire her after her first year there....

She is now working at the daycare and he has made multiple statements that she is not there to take over or be the Director....

Has this so-called shepherd ever made any off-color or lewd remarks in front of the employees? Has he ever made a suggestive or subtle innuendo in the presence of your mother-in-law? Has he spent an inordinate amount of time with one of the male or female members of the church, out of his wife's sight or without her knowledge? Revenge is God's, but it's administered by his people.

Back
Top Bottom