• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best “gun” movie

Not a "gun movie" per se, but Restrepo.
Can not get more real than that. Literally. Afghanistan.
There is also a somewhat related book, called War. Also very good.

It may be tough to find these since their what I call VHS Classics. And they ain't on Netflix or Hulu. One is called Southern Comfort with Powers Booth. Great flick about some National Guardsmen lost in the Lousiana swamp with pissed off Cajuns hunting them down.
The other is Extreme Prejudice with Powers Booth and Nick Nolte. One is an expatriate dope dealer south of the border and the other is a Texas Ranger trying to bring him in. Anyway both movies are damn good.
Oh and we can't forget about the original Red Dawn. Granted some of the acting is pretty cheesy. But the action scenes still hold up to this day.
Try Youtube (I know, I know). You can find a lot of old movies.

Wind River has a super intense shootout. Others have mentioned Heat, and Sicario. Can’t forget Saving Private Ryan. There are some good semi-modern westerns with some really tense action, but I can’t think of the names.

I literally just finished watching Wind River. It not only had great guns, but even a reloading montage. That's not something you see every day.

The only downside was at the end when they had the big shootout. I 45/70 packs a punch but it won;t make a full-grown man fly backwards 10 feet through the air when it hits.

Too bad they had to 'Hollywood' it at the end like that, because otherwise it was very well done from a firearms viewpoint. The FBI agent carried the right Glock, and it took a full mag to drop a suspect (and even then didn't kill him DRT).

They actually mention 1 of the four safety rules when the guys son walks down the stairs waving a Marlin all around the place, although they picked the wrong one (should have been 'never point a gun at something you don;t want to destroy' instead of 'always treat a gun as if it's loaded').

The John Wick movies have some cool gun handling in them, but the plots are too lame to let me watch more than a few minutes at a time without pounding my head against something, so I never remember much about them. Heat is definitely a good one though, and Sicario is understated but intense.

I think some of the best gun-fights I've seen lately have been in the Fargo TV show. Very realistic and accurate. Except for the motel shootout when the aliens showed up. That was a little far-fetched. All the rest have been spot-on though.

It may be tough to find these since their what I call VHS Classics. And they ain't on Netflix or Hulu. One is called Southern Comfort with Powers Booth. Great flick about some National Guardsmen lost in the Lousiana swamp with pissed off Cajuns hunting them down.
The other is Extreme Prejudice with Powers Booth and Nick Nolte. One is an expatriate dope dealer south of the border and the other is a Texas Ranger trying to bring him in. Anyway both movies are damn good.
Oh and we can't forget about the original Red Dawn. Granted some of the acting is pretty cheesy. But the action scenes still hold up to this day.

holy ****, i thought i was the only one that had seen the straight to tv classic that was southern comfort

holy ****, i thought i was the only one that had seen the straight to tv classic that was southern comfort
Oh yeah it was great. Remember the part where the one Redneck soldier said they were having bad luck because of the black soldier in the group? And the black soldier said something like " You know you right. I been hangin around n------ my whole life and I ain't never had no good luck".

Back
Top Bottom