Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

Appalachian Armory in Dawsonville is a pretty cool place with nice gear and cool Owners.
Georgia Gun store for all the obvious, Tritts Sporting goods in Dahlonega is my favorite place to stop by. Great place place to here old Rangers and even some CAG guys stop in and talk guns/ tell stories plus they get some pretty neat used guns floating through.

I like classic city firearms in Athens for online ordering! Hughes Outdoor in Blairsville, Chestatee Firearms in Dahlonega(seem like great people and always very friendly), Georgia Gun is really hard to beat, and Fox Hole has a great staff, decent selection, and OK prices. I feel like Georgia Gun is just too busy to give the attention and super friendly(they have never been unfriendly, just busy!) customer service the other stores I like and frequent have provided. If anyone finds themselves in Blairsville and shopping around at Hughes Outdoors, Ralph will go out of his way to help you and from my experience has been very honest. He always has something funny to say as well.

Worst: Alexander's in Blairsville and 400 Pawn or whatever they are called now in Dawsonville. Bad staff at both places, the Dawsonville store has decent prices though.

Edit** forgot to mention who winds up taking most of my money... Palmetto State Armory! Luckily for the gun stores around me, none do free FFL transfers so they get a little bit of business.

I can second The Fox Hole. I shop there a lot. Joshua & Michael are OKAY!

I bought a few from Martin's coin, but he's not big on friendliness. Square deal and off you go.

Great service was at Bulls Eye in Lawrenceville. The women owner was so helpful to my wife. I just liked looking at her.

I also have gotten poor service @400, I have traded and made several purchases there. Customer service is not their strong point. They always have a G19 gen 4 for everyday price $499.

And of course all the negs of Academy & Bass Pro shop for their outrageous prices and poor knowledge or most things.

A place that surprised me is a gun store in Winterville outside of Athens. I was looking for the best Mosin Nagant sniper rifle and everyone I talked to wanted no less that $399 for the gun. I got it in Winterville for $199

Appalachian Armory in Dawsonville is a pretty cool place with nice gear and cool Owners.
Georgia Gun store for all the obvious, Tritts Sporting goods in Dahlonega is my favorite place to stop by. Great place place to here old Rangers and even some CAG guys stop in and talk guns/ tell stories plus they get some pretty neat used guns floating through.

This.

Back
Top Bottom