• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

Hands down it's country boys sports in banks county. 10 min from the outlets. You can drop the wife to shop go hang out, owner is a retired GSP trooper. Builds ars, is competitive on pricing and has a warranty on everything he sells.
Absolutely the worst is franklins in Athens, horrible service, pissy attitudes, full of snotty assuring college kids. I'd rather have another case of the clap than buy anything there.

Dang, you all have me wanting to drive up there just to see how bad it really is...LOL!

upload_2016-12-20_10-30-23.png

Soooooo I should not go to Franklin's! Check!

Best: Sandy Springs Gun Club has always treated me right. 4th Armory in Marietta rocks too! They always go above and beyond to help. Also, GA Firing line makes the list. Funny story, they really pissed me off when I went in there about 4 years ago. I gave them another chance about a year ago and TOTALLY different experience. I must say there's some good peeps in there now!

I won't bash them, but Adventure Outdoors or Sharp Shooters in Alpharetta won't get another dollar out of me.

I've done alright at AO. Bought a new pistol for $85 cheaper than what they sell for on here used, and Blazer brass 9mm is usually around 10.49 a box which isn't a steal but ain't bad if ya gotta have it. 4th, Truprep, and Gun Store are my favorites.

My go to store in the area is Sporting Arms in Winterville. They do $10 transfers, which is awesome. They're friendly and they generally have some interesting military surplus rifles that are competitively priced with some places on the internet.
I have been to Franklin's a couple of times - bought an LC9 there. I went back to buy another gun and it seemed like nobody wanted to help me, so I walked out and never went back.

You guys buy stuff at gun stores? I rarely buy new guns and I have a moral stance against paying sales tax on a used good of any kind.
I can't hardly think of a time where I've ever saved any money buying a firearm used. Ones out of stock or I can't find them I'll pick up off here, but other than that if GA Gun or Foxhole has it, it's cheaper than on here!

I'm not gonna go back and look for my old post in this thread, because I'm sure it went something like this.......

% Franklins

I have no idea how that place stays in business. All their guns are over priced and the ancient bastards that work there must know it, because they make no attempt to even try to sell them to anybody that makes the mistake of going into that **** hole.

I know that I'm stating the obvious here, but these good folks deserve the shout out for doing a great job:

I *REALLY* wish that I lived closer to @GEORGIA GUN STORE. Great prices, great service, good selection. They are the model of how a gun store should operate.

@CHEROKEE GUN is my go-to shop, for obvious reasons. Great prices, good selection, and even though they stay crazy busy, I've never had a bad experience there.

Back
Top Bottom