• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

I was talking to my brother the other day about going to Franklin's, because I haven't been there in 20 years. They were a great store back in the day, mainly because they would have almost anything you may be looking for. Hunting guns were the mother lode of guns back then.

As far as good stores go, there are quite a few around. I shop at a couple local pawn shops who are excellent, and in retail I probably shop more at Gable's in Douglasville than anywhere else. I've been going there all my life and I like those guys. Their ammo prices can be outrageous so look elsewhere for food, but their guns are reasonably priced, and they have a decent selection for the most part. They are also less than 10 minutes from me so that helps.

Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville. I was among their first customers, and never needed to shop anywhere else. Sometimes I literally have no idea how they can sell at such low costs, even beating online vendors with great regularity.

Mike, Kellie, and, Chris are great folks. Just be patient, that place is always busy. I used to be be able to chat with them, but now they're always too busy. Good inventory and great prices will do that.

Also be warned; if you're a customer o long enough, Kellie will give you a cat.

Heck, she gave me TWO!

I don't shop at the Fox Hole anymore. If you want something there you better buy it quick. If and when there is an other shooting tragedy in the US their prices immediately go up so they can capitalize on the event. That's why I only shop at the GA Gun Store they have never raised their prices during any shooting tragedy.

Went into Franklin's, one day to see the new PPQM2 - 45, they had one, asked "BRIAN" if they would price match, he said sure if we have it in stock, answered yes, showed him GA. GUN STORES PRICE, they all liked to have fell it the floor, would have gone to GA GUN STORE,however Monday, is there day to get things ready for the rest of the week.

Brian, had to match the price, at at that time that gun at GGS, was $549.00
Franklin"s price was $675.00, we saved $126.00, one guy told me if he knew they would have priced matched he would have snatch it up. They said, MARK PRICED THE GUN AND DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS THINKING... We told them he wasn't thinking about business, or repeat business that was sure.

Went the following week to GGS, and picked up some other equipment we had been talking about with MIKE, great people, courtesy always extended, good service, always want to help the customers, and prices are just amazing great every time you visit their store, heck its like going to visit your family when you go there... Evert one is glad to see you...

THANK YOU,

Keep up the great work, KELLIE, MIKE, AND CHRIS...

I will say this about The Outdoor Depot in gainesville.....Their prices are pretty dang high but they will negotiate. I've bought 2 guns from them in the past year and they have wound up cutting me a decent deal. The sticker prices are crazy high on ammo and guns.

Hands down best store is alexanders In blairsville!
Best place to have an employee point a muzzle at a customer?

Best place to not have any idea how much something costs till you are checking out?

Best place to have to explain that Alliant #7 us the bottle with the giant "No. 7" printed on it? (Since we can't be trusted to pick up our own powder)

Cherokee has the best prices and selection. They can be busy but the staff are knowledgeable and make sure everyone gets their time. Strangely in a store with 1/10 the footprint they have a better selection than AO

Hi-caliber has nice folks but at least their reloading prices are high. Good selection as a result

Big woods good is super nice. They saved me on my wedding day, we were supposed to have a morning guys shoot and got rained out. They fit 15 people in and when they heard brought out a couple toys to play with. Only gripe there is only have one checkout for stuff and range. It can take a while when you need something small but have to wait for the jerseys who brought 15 people to the range and rented half the rental case to total up.

Best place to have an employee point a muzzle at a customer?

Best place to not have any idea how much something costs till you are checking out?

Best place to have to explain that Alliant #7 us the bottle with the giant "No. 7" printed on it? (Since we can't be trusted to pick up our own powder)

Cherokee has the best prices and selection. They can be busy but the staff are knowledgeable and make sure everyone gets their time. Strangely in a store with 1/10 the footprint they have a better selection than AO

Hi-caliber has nice folks but at least their reloading prices are high. Good selection as a result

Big woods good is super nice. They saved me on my wedding day, we were supposed to have a morning guys shoot and got rained out. They fit 15 people in and when they heard brought out a couple toys to play with. Only gripe there is only have one checkout for stuff and range. It can take a while when you need something small but have to wait for the jerseys who brought 15 people to the range and rented half the rental case to total up.

I have always gotten my powder myself..... price tag is on everything...... monthly sales are crazy cheap..... what you did to piss them off we will never know......

Back
Top Bottom