• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst gun stores in northeast ga

I don't really do a lot of business in North Georgia, but I can tell you the worst experience, customer service and everything that makes a bad store was at Adventure Outdoors after they moved to the bigger location on S.Cobb Drive. Terrible!!
And a store that some times gets a bad rap, but I have been dealing with for 30 years is David's Gun Room in Norcross. They have a great selection of long guns, hand guns and powders. David doesn't do much floor work any more but they have some knowledgeable folks. (And some that aren't). Deal with David or Harley and you're on solid ground.

Mainstreet Guns in Lilburn has been good to me. I stay away from Bullseye in Lawrenceville, I went in there one time to fire some ammo through a new pistol. I walked off the range with 5 minutes on the clock. Everybody behind the counter was busy and when they got around to me they charged me another $35 because I went over on the time. I explained I was late because the gun clerks were busy and he told me tough ****.

Appalachian Armory in Dawsonville is a pretty cool place with nice gear and cool Owners.
Georgia Gun store for all the obvious, Tritts Sporting goods in Dahlonega is my favorite place to stop by. Great place place to here old Rangers and even some CAG guys stop in and talk guns/ tell stories plus they get some pretty neat used guns floating through.
Appalachian Armory is a great place, good people and pretty reasonable prices. Another in Dawsonville is City Pawn, Josh the owner is a great guy to deal with.He got my granddaughter's Christmas present (a Ruger American compact with muddy girl camo stock) when I couldn't find one anywhere else and at a competitive price.

I have enjoyed both GA Firing Line where I bought my last two pistols and Wild West Traders where I bought my Saint AR. Wild West only had one left and held it for me while I drove an hour to their store. Nice guys and quick easy deal. Firing Line is busy but always helpful.

AO is awful. I lived down the street from them and the new location ruined everything I liked about the service.

5A512CD9-BCD7-4CBE-BA15-C0439BEEDBBF.jpeg

Appalachian Armory is a great place, good people and pretty reasonable prices.

I went there today, at 3 pm, but they were closed.
The sign on the door said they stay open until 4pm on Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom