• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best bulk handloaded SD bullet?

I can't find the Gold Dots in bulk today. I have seen several ads for bulk pulled Gold Dots, but they are all out of stock.

Looks like the XTPs are the way to go if you want them in 500+ amounts.

Someone like Ed's Public Safety or the Fellas at Ga Arms may be able to point you a source.

Nonliberal- I scoff as well, I wish I could shoot the 10mm as well the Forty or 45.

I bought a bunch of the Golden Sabre in .452 about 10-12 yrs ago... Also the XTP in .400 and .410 .... Mostly I cast so I don't buy bullets often. I will buy a few thousand .223 every so often. My dad had a good bit when he passed and I've still got some of those. The best thing he left me was a large collection of molds....two, four and six cavity Lyman, Hensley&Gibbs, some Lee. I've got moulds for all kinds of stuff.....

I think we are talking reloading??--maybe not?
I like the Gold Dot and Hornady XTP in 124 grain in the 9 MM, never seen Gold dot in bulk packs though?
I like the Nosler in 150 grain in the 10 MM, packaging is 250 count.
I like Hornady 185 or 200 and gold dot in the same weight out of my 45's, using the 185 in the defender and officers size, the 200 in Commander and Goverment.
Last time I checked powder valley had a fair stock of XTP's in various calibers/weights.
Same with the Nosler self defense projectile.

Last edited:
Grafs has the XTP in 9mm 115gr at 18.09 per hundred- dont find a larger quantity. 7.95 flat ship rate no matter how much you get so a larger buy is attractive.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/6323

the 357 is similarly priced, out of 40.

Yep, one of my sources as well. I don't reload 115 grain anymore, stick with 124-5 grain and 147 grain projectiles. I was hoping to buy bulk and get the cost under $180. One can hope.....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...mi-jacketed-hollow-point?cm_vc=ProductFinding

These are the one I like in the 38 and even in the 357.As said, I prefer the 110's in the 38.

Yep, I have used these as well. The 125 grain at .357 magnum velocities (1,600 FPS and plus some) has a great track record for self defense and if shooting jacketed HP pills this is a good one. Filled soda cans make a spectacular explosion when shot with this bullet at 1,600 +FPS.

I think we are talking reloading??--maybe not?
I like the Gold Dot and Hornady XTP in 124 grain in the 9 MM, never seen Gold dot in bulk packs though?
I like the Nosler in 150 grain in the 10 MM, packaging is 250 count.
I like Hornady 185 or 200 and gold dot in the same weight out of my 45's, using the 185 in the defender and officers size, the 200 in Commander and Goverment.
Last time I checked powder valley had a fair stock of XTP's in various calibers/weights.
Same with the Nosler self defense projectile.

Correct, we are talking making your own SD type ammo if the ability to purchase it was denied for whatever reason.

Powder valley is one that I resource components too. The Nosler SD projectile is that a new design or their old JHP with a new name?

Back
Top Bottom