• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Caliber for DEER hunting in GA.

I love my 280,go to try a 25/06 in the last part of the season when I can get some long shoots in

Give it a try...I don't think the the 25-06 will disappoint you at longer ranges. 300 yards is a piece of cake with the round if you sight the rifle in properly. Just be sure to use a solidly-built bullet if you don't want to cause massive meat damage. I prefer 100-gr. Nosler Partitions over most of the new 'hot rod' round designs. Partitions have been dropping game for years...don't fix it if it isn't broken. I hunt with Partitions out of both of my -06 guns...

I have zero complaints about a 30-06 it has done the job for me but this coming deer season I am going to try my 270wsm. It is accurate and plenty of knock down and don't have much kick but it is very loud. In the past years I have used several different calibers such as 257 weatherby mag to a 338win mag the 338 was a little to much but the 257 was awesome it has very little kick, great long range, and enough knock down for me but it is all about shot placement if you can't hit it you can't kill it( a problem I had last year with my bow and rifle) :( All of these calibers are great until it is time to buy ammo (expensive and hard to find) so that is why I reload now:D but it is all personal preference and what you feel comfortable shooting!!!

I love my Remington 7mm Rem Mag. Less than 1/2 inch at 100 yards with a Barnes 140gr. TTSX doing 3100 out of it. That is a pretty good "all around" combo.

Back
Top Bottom