• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best food to put in a feeder to draw deer in?

3   0
Reaction score
So we got our hands on some soybeans this year and put them in some feeders throughout the summer on our land. And I know corn works, but is there anything you guys seem to think deer like better than corn that I could put in my feeders? The soybeans seem to be working pretty good, but im out of those now.

Deer corn is awesome.

I had to attract the deer to it with a couple breadcrumb trails
Leading to the feeder.
I have it near a busy funnel
Area but not directly in the middle to spook them.
It's about five yards off the path with my bread crumb trails of corn leading the the feeder.
It's only been up a few days and so far nothing took the bait as the trail Cam came up empty.
They are too busy eating greens in this lush summer season.
I may sprinkle a little natural vanilla to get them curious.
I'm also going to put out a mineral block and spice things up with some all season deer pee scent.
Sometimes getting deer to come to your feeder is just as fun and challenging as actually hunting.

Big Tine 30-06. It's a mixture of corn, sunflower seeds, milo, Imperial 30-06 Mineral/vitamin Supplement, dry molasses, and cherry flavoring. Tractor Supply usually has the best pricing on it. I put it out last year and it worked better than anything else I have ever tried.

Last year I was AMAZED at how fast the deer came in after my son & I put out elk feed (pellets) from Tractor Supply here in Newnan. Just about an hour after putting some out on the ground the deer were there gobbling that stuff up like they were starving, they weren't starving at all but they absolutely loved that stuff! Every single time we put some out the deer would show up no more than an hour or two no matter what time we put it out. We didn't even use a feeder, just scooped some out in a half gallon milk jug with the top cut off. It was crazy!

I would start with straight corn and gradually wean them down to protein pellets it gets very expensive if you chose a year round supplemental program

Back
Top Bottom