• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best press for a beginner?

iceberg

Default rank <3000 posts
Baba Yaga
124   0
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. I am going to get into reloading and wanted to know what the best press would be to use. I have heard a dillon is the best but wanted to know who all as them or what other recommendations there are. I will mainly be doing 10mm but also some 40. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also what all should I need to know with reloading?

If you shoot a 100 or so rounds a month, then a single stage press is good for a newbie.

If you shoot 100 rounds plus a week then a progressive is really the way to go.

Lee makes really good inexpensive single stage presses. I'd try to get a cast iron o-ring type. And for bulk reloading the Dillion press is the best.

Dillion Square Deal press does only handgun rounds. The rest do both handgun and rifle.

I must be the only Hornady fan on here. I'm a big fan of their presses, both single stage and progressive/turret. Their ammo factory setup can really pump out some rounds.

Dillion 550 only way to go, if u load a lot or small amount. Had one for close to 30 years I guess. Had a single stage before an just to much time involved. Dillion is simple to operate and set up. They provide written instruction a video and best customer support around in my humble opinion . Just my 2 cents worth and experience.

Back
Top Bottom