• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best red dot or reflex sight for astigmatism

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
My daughter and I both have astigmatism’s, so I can’t see the red dot I just see red around the rim of the device. I was wondering about a good quality one that my daughter would be able to see that can be used on an Ak with 1-3x amplification for longer shots. Hopefully, something that isn’t super expensive. Thanks for your help

Those with shaped dots project the light through a filter to produce the shape. The starburst hits the filter and isn't projected to you.

I have looked at about all of them and have yet to see a single round dot model that doesn't starburst or produce a ghost dot no matter how much it cost. Generally, those with heavier tinting on the lens starburst less. The cheaper ones are like that. A Bushnell TRS-25, for example, isn't too bad if you don't turn it up too high. Turning the dot down as low as possible, while still being able to see it, helps.

Primary Arms Slx 1x, hands down. I went to a rifle class with an Aimpoint Pro. At 200 yards, I was missing man sized steel. I thought If I centered the starburst blob, that somewhere under the subtention, I'd hit. Nope. This is why you train. To learn new techniques, and proof your gear. I went on a mad hunt to remedy the situation, and I have nothing but the highest praise for the PA prisms. They have a focusing eye piece to match your vision, the mount array is great and they are very well built. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Back
Top Bottom