• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Ride on Lawn Mower

ReganR6

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
BMF
132   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for the best ride on Lawn Mower for 3-5 acres?

Electric? Gas? Brand?

Would love to hear actual experience on equipment you own.

Thanks

3-5 Acres I would look at the John Deere X-5 and X-7 series or depending on what else you need to do the 1025R might be handy for you.

If you don't have a lot of hills and are just mowing, the John Deere X3 series would work as well.

3-5 Acres I would look at the John Deere X-5 and X-7 series or depending on what else you need to do the 1025R might be handy for you.

If you don't have a lot of hills and are just mowing, the John Deere X3 series would work as well.

It's pretty flat for the most part ,but there is a section that is pretty steep.

That section really only needs cut about once a year though

Get a zero turn mower and cut your mow time by half at least. They have hitches and tow modes,i pull a huge lawn cart behind mine for trash /weed eater while mowing (3 acres). The sitting position is much more comfortable as well.

I have a residential grade Hustler zero turn radius mower. I think it cost $2700 a few years ago. I like it, but be warned that if you actually use the tight turning ability you will tear up your grass!
And I also have a complaint that it does not have a high enough top speed when you're not cutting very tall grass and there's no need to worry about the motor bogging down I'd like it to go twice as fast as it's current top speed.

One thing that I don't like about all riding zero turn radius mowers I've ever used is that it takes two hands to steer them which does not leave one hand free to raise or lower the cutting deck changing the height of your blades if you are on a hill or uneven ground when you take one hand off to change the cutting height you will swerve out of your lane.

A conventional riding lawnmower with a steering wheel doesn't have this problem you can easily steer it one-handed while using the other hand to change the cutting deck height. My conventional riding lawnmower also had 2 forward gears and the high gear was plenty fast --but you couldn't use it if you wanted to make a heavy cut through tall grass, and you couldn't use high gear for going up any sort of hill.

Kubota... because support
^^^^^^
Buy once cry once.
A small diesel Kubota with belly mower would handle your needs plus you'll have the versatility only a tractor can offer for all the other chores/projects.
Here's my little workhorse pulling double duty as fallen tree/debris clean-up.
IMG_20201102_164016139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom