Best scope for 22LR competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's going to be over five FEET of drop.
If you are wanting to compete in organized events, you'll have to research to find out what equipment limitations they may have. If you're just looking to shoot as far as you can on your private range then I'd decide on the reticle I like and find the highest power magnification I could get that my wallet would allow. I have these on the two guns I want to use for benchrest matches. https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-s-ii-36x2mm-fixed-power-target-rifle-scope.html
I didn't pay anywhere near that for them new not so long ago but I will admit, for the first time I was having a brutal time trying to pick up the reticle at 50 yards in bright sun last time out. I have a match Saturday hopefully that was a fluke occurrence.

I've done a number of rimfire rifle competitions, and anytime people are expected to make a shot past 100 yards all the best competitors have very high end scopes with high magnification, and also an adjustable objective lens (to correct for parallax error) because you know that some rimfire matches will require shots at close range too.

what's your budget?

I'm just getting into shooting 22lr bolt gun (Bergara B14R) and got a 25MOA rail (burris) for it along with a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. The SE5-25 has a lot of elevation adjustment (31 MRAD or 110MOA), plus it will focus down to 15 yards. Bonus for me is setting up the B14r to be as similar to my big gun, so the First Focal Plane and reticle are the same as the Razor.

As others have said, one big decision is price. Plenty of folks running around with ZCO, Tangent Theta and other high end scopes on their 22lr rifles.

For my other 22lr semi auto and bolt guns, I have a couple of the older Nikon EFR (rimfire) 3-9x scopes, very happy with the glass and features on those and they can be found used for a good price ($200??) usually.

Meopta Optika 5x4-20x50

Meopta Sport 3-15x50

Great glass for the money, focus down to 10 yards for Parallax.

The top one is made in CZ.

Should be in the $400 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom