Best scope for 22LR competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arken, Athlon, Bushnell, Zero Compromise, Vortex, etc. is what I see at nrl22 and PRS rimfire matches. All depends on what you want to spend, anywhere from $300 to $3,000. I run an Arken EP-5 in MILs. 34mm or larger tubes for lots of elevation adjustment. 30-40 moa scope base so you can use more of your eleavtion adjustment in the optic.

Also at 420 yards it’s 22.2 mils of elevation for my setup, which is about a 12 foot holdover. Trajectory of the bullet is about 9 feet up at the peak shooting that distance.

Basics for 22lr at those ranges.

You need elevation. Scope with lots is travel, plus, biased base. I'd start at 30moa. I run 50 between the base and mount, and run a Gen 3 Razor. I can dial 500 (barely) while keeping a 50 yard zero.

If you want the best, ZCO, TT, Gen 3 Razor.

If you don't actually want the best, and just want the best in a given budget, having that budget will help us help you.

What I would absolutely stay away from are fixed power scopes (only caveat being maybe in a BR comp) and absolutely stear clear of BDC garbage reticles.

Basics for 22lr at those ranges.

You need elevation. Scope with lots is travel, plus, biased base. I'd start at 30moa. I run 50 between the base and mount, and run a Gen 3 Razor. I can dial 500 (barely) while keeping a 50 yard zero.

If you want the best, ZCO, TT, Gen 3 Razor.

If you don't actually want the best, and just want the best in a given budget, having that budget will help us help you.

What I would absolutely stay away from are fixed power scopes (only caveat being maybe in a BR comp) and absolutely stear clear of BDC garbage reticles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom