• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best up to date reloading manual

Shmelton

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
I have recently started reloading, and I am using an older Hornaday, and Speer manual to get my data. What’s the newest manual you guys are using? I’m also thinking about going on manufacturers websites like Barnes and printing off the data there to put in a binder. It seems like as long as it’s a trusted source, that would be the best route…thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornady has an app. It is around 21.95 per year or you can subscribe to individual calibers for 3 or 4 bucks. The yearly subscription gives you a hard copy of the latest Hornady Manual.

Do you typically look at the projectile manufacturer or powder manufacturer, or both

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Depends if I happen to have a powder or bullet I want to work up. These days it’s mostly powder but I did stock up after our last shortage. I will check to see if both have data on the bullet and powder. I have loaded for many years so I do feel comfortable working up various loads.

Hodgdon and Alliant have their data online free. So does Speer. Hornady and Sierra charge for their manuals/data. You can usually find an abbreviated Hodgdon manual at stores that sale gun powder. You can request a free manual from Alliant and they will mail it to you.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom